AuthorTopic: [wip] city guard  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

[wip] city guard

on: January 27, 2007, 06:22:06 am
im working on a classic style rpg and im having issues with one of my enemies:

he's holding two swords, one in front with his right hand and holding one in a sheeth with his left hand.or how about holding a sword out of its sheeth...
the main problems are the chest area and the swords.  personally, I like everything else, but go ahead and edit anything.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:17:51 pm by Joseph »

yosh64

Re: [wip] city guard

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:41:34 am
hey

The legs look much to short, the helmet looks a bit too large, and I think you should reduce the colors and better define the lighting. Ohh, and where are his hands?

another edit, changed the legs

Here is my take, I'm not completly sure about it though.

cyas
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:08:37 am by yosh64 »

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 04:03:18 pm
thanks for the edit but I wanted to keep this view as the rest of my enemies are the same view.  I like your ideas though, thanks for the help, ill figure something out.
edit:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:15:59 pm by Joseph »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:37:45 pm
Interesting.
The first thing that sticks out to me is that the lighting makes no sense;the helmet, sword, and arms are lit from the top left, the body and the left (our left) leg are lit from the front, and the other leg is lit from the right.  I believe the first thing you could do to improve this piece is add a consistant light source.
The current version is an improvement to the earlier, as you can actually make out some hands now, but the left (his left) arm still gets lost at 1x1...don't quote me, as I know nothing of anatomy, but maybe it's too short  ???
And lastly, I'm slightly annoyed about that vertical line coming from the helmet......what is it, even?

But on the flip side, I think this accurately reflects an rpg style enemy...and I love your base color choice.  Keep on pixelling!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:05:36 pm
his left (our viewing right) leg is extended out, which im thinking a lot of you dont really see.  it doesnt bend at the knee go straight down, its slanted a bit so the light will hit his entire leg rather than only his knee.
I tried to fix the lighting a bit and I moved the far leg down a pixel, made his right arm (our viewing left) longer, and I took off that horn from his helmet.
---->
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:08:53 pm by Joseph »