AuthorTopic: Iso Tilesets (Crit Away!)  (Read 7527 times)

Arctic

Re: Iso Tilesets (Crit Away!)

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 02:54:24 am
I love this stuff... especially the dancing raccoons. In general, I love iso. Anyway, for the support boards holding up the ceiling (in the mine), the one separating the gnomes from the pickaxe, at first I thought it was on the floor, but since there is no overhead lighting in a mine :crazy:, I don't know how you can fix it. Perhaps it's just because there isn't a beam holding it up... :-\

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 08:23:57 pm
these are some fantastic examples of both style and color palette choice.

The color choice is so interesting and soft, but also lets the characters literally pop out of the background.

Are you working professionally?

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 10:54:43 pm
Yes he is. At least it's what I understood from his pixeljoint gallery (commissions...)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 08:57:59 am
Thanks Fil! You're on top of things. I kind of forgot about this thread because this project is one that I work on occassionally.

Yeah, my pixeljoint gallery is littered with commissions, which is sad, because sometimes it's nice to do your own thing. But alas, I opted to make freelancing my work of choice and am now working 40+ hours a week, every week, and have a hard time finding the time to sprite for fun.

In other news, I'm going to be dedicating 20 hours or so to this project so I should have some more fun stuff by the end of the week.

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:02:47 pm
look forward to seeing it.

Offline Ragnarok

• The long-dead armies rise again!
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:12:45 pm
Doppellganger, do you have any tutorials posted online? If so, please direct me to them. If not, where did you learn your skills from?
I'll do a quick edit of the crystal veins (I assume that that's what they are) in a second. Your artwork has inspired me just now.
Chaos drive... overloading... Order... failing...
GIVE IN TO THE CHAOS!