AuthorTopic: Block sprite for game  (Read 9206 times)

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Block sprite for game

on: January 26, 2007, 11:21:22 pm

Whoop!Here it is!My second attempt at sending a sprite here!This is one of the helpers in my game..he basically tells you certain information through out the game..All pixels are different hues of green by the way...Tell me what you think!Sorry it's small but that's it's size in the game...
-CK-

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Block sprite for game

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:31:02 am
You've done a good job of conveying the personality and mood of the character. This piece is lacking a certain depth to it however. I believe one or two extra shades for highlights will go a long way.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:20:22 pm
Thanks Man!I agree that the shadowing is a bit limited but I really didn't have much of a light source...so i'll probably retouch it up later...anyway,while I have time,I figured I would post the 3 other blocks that appear in the game..

Thanks for the comment again Pkmays!Tell me what you think!
-CK-

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:10:18 pm
This is a horrible example, but

I'm pretty sure this is what pkmays meant by adding some highlighting.  I didn't add any colors. Highlighting the others woud also be in your best interest.

This thing is cool though... reminds me of a thowmp.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:10 pm
Thanks for the C&C Rydin!Really helped!As you know I had no real light on my sprite,and you showed me that...so I made an edit of my original green block and:

There is the best I could do...please tell me if I did anything wrong with the lighting!Thanks again Rydin!
-CK-

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 10:22:50 pm
That looks much better Conkerking.  Perhaps some slightly heavier shading on the right bottom corner would bring out the depth a bit more, but otherwise, great work.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 10:39:29 pm
Alright,I redid the rest and also added shading to the bottom right corner..here they are:

Thanks for the help again Rydin!Any one who is willing to leave a comment or you find something I did wrong with it,please tell me.
-CK-
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:41:29 pm by Conkerking »

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:03:31 am
I appologize for double posting,but I had to add a new post for this dude,seeing as he has little to do with blocks(though he is in the same game):

Here he is!He is a sumo guy who appears every so often to had you a bag of cash!Anyway,tell me what you think...again sorry for the double post..
-CK-

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 10:17:14 pm
The blocks look nice, but the red and yellow ones strike me as very similar--change the eyes and eyebrows on one of them maybe?

The sumo guy is very sketchy and lacks even basic anatomy. Try showing that his body parts are connected and the basic structure of his skeleton.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 12:33:26 am
Thanks for the Critique MoD! I agree with you on the block sprites being similar but I do/don't agree with you on the sumo guy.I agree he lacks anatomy,but the game is not meant to be realistic,more cartoony!But thanks for the critique!I've put them to good use:

I decided to make him look more...ummm...evil/nice ish...Tell me what you think!And MoD,if you can explain to me why he needs different anatomy,i'll be glad to edit him.
-CK-