AuthorTopic: Quickies  (Read 4393 times)

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Quickies

on: September 30, 2005, 05:46:38 pm
heres a quick sprite i did for a tutorial at deviantart, pretty stupid tutorial but some people wanted me to make one, heh. nothing too great about the character.

and heres another quick sprite of psycho mantis, not that great either because most of him is mirrored...

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Re: Quickies

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:39:55 pm
are you capable of anything other than that same hand position and those overwhelming amount of muscles.

I thought your stuff was great the first run around but now its just the same stuff over and over. Whenever you post a thread i basically know what to expect, a super muscly character in a black/grey outfit. You never seem to come up with anything else. I respect your talent, and that you can create such pieces. I would just like to see something else out of you.
alexander

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:16:19 pm
Alex, really, uncalled for.. If you have a problem with splat maybe you should keep it in a PM instead of insulting him right out in the open, please try and be respectful of the other people on this forum, your opinions might hurt someone. Also, I think you could have composed what you wanted to say in a much more positive way.

Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Anonymous

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 09:03:41 pm
Uncalled for, yes, but it is true.  Splat, you need to mix it up some, man. ;)
No, sir.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:58:48 pm
I second what Alex said. Splat's skills are too awesome to be spent on pixeling one muscley dude after another. I appaud Alex for actually coming out and saying it.

And Dog: I really don't think you can classify Alex's response as an insult. Insults are unconstructive, spiteful remarks intended solely to belittle or embarass the recipient. Alex is clearly saying that Splat's work would benfit by varying the subject matter and does so in a calm, non-aggressive manner.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:17:58 pm
My point is this: In my opinion I think it's rude to say "are you capable of anything other than that same hand position and those overwhelming amount of muscles." It's put together in a very condescending way. So I guess it wasn't insulting, but very condescending. I really just think you could have conjucated what you wanted to say in a more productive and positive way.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 01:02:51 am
may not be conjucated properly, but i know for a fact that I myself and others have tried saying that he should do other things with his skills. branch out and such, but the point never gets really heard, so i tried making it as blatent as possible. I apologize if i was rude but its just me i guess. Sorry splat, i dont mean to offend...i hope you know that.
alexander