AuthorTopic: Skull Man  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Cai.0

• View Profile

Skull Man

on: February 08, 2019, 07:38:36 pm
Hii, first of all thanks for your curiosity...

So the point is:

I recently created one character and now i finished the pixelArt for judge.
 The idea here is an character with an skull head with an cool hat, wearing an suit. I'm using this palette to make the illustration and now i think it's a good time to get some critique about it, 'cause it's one of my first pixel arts.

So, what do you think?

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: Skull Man

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 03:14:50 am
Hello, welcome. Please post your work.

Offline Cai.0

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:46:19 pm
Hi Joe, the art is still awaiting approval, so i can only wait.

Update: I updated the pixel art on Pinterest, until the attachment is aproved(or until i realize some kind of mistake)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:07:35 pm by Cai.0 »

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:20 am
Yes it's better this way, using an image host and [img] tags. It's important to save your pixel art in its original resolution, as PNG or GIF, never jpg. That way you preserve the crispness and the original palette, and others can edit your work (super helpful). On this forum you can click & ctrl+click to zoom images.

Ok first thought is nice flow with the hat, pose shows promise. And good job keeping your shapes clean and fairly readable.

What's detracting from it at this point is the proportions (legs in particular), and the features can be better defined, for example the eye sockets. That single white pixel at the bottom of the jacket is just noise. With this palette I'd use black and the pink more on the interior, because on a black background the white is really strong.

Offline Cai.0

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 06:45:42 pm
Thanks Joe, i will make the retouches you pointed and make the best i can with it. Yeah, proportions are really a thing that i missed out in some points and i will work on these and refine the art.
Soon i will post the update... I hope

Update: I make the first retouche now, look
(uhhh, seeing now it seems the light isn't right...)

Update 2: Ok now a little bit different...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:25:58 pm by Cai.0 »