AuthorTopic: Here goes some animated tiles  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Here goes some animated tiles

on: February 08, 2019, 12:40:38 am
Animated tiles consume some serious time even for simple things ::). To start I have a conveyor belt. Is this fooling you? I was trying to give a little hang to the rotating axis to feel like a more machinated movement and less smooth, but I needed the belt itself to move smoothly.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Here goes some animated tiles

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:52:06 am
looks pretty solid to me, boss!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 02:36:16 am
Thanks Meat! I wasn't sure about the part where the blades glint when rotating out.
Now this one is should be so simple that it is embarrassing, but I am clueless. It is just a spring tile, sonic style, but as you can see the movement is linear. How on earth do you figure how many frames to duplicate, and where to duplicate them, in order make it sine-like as a spring?

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 05:32:40 am
Instead of thinking about frame duplication, try drawing a timing chart, so you know where the button should be in each frame.

If you must do it via duplication: duplicate more frames towards the extremes, since that's where it's slowest, e.g. no dupes of the middle two frames, 1 dupe each of the frames next to the middle frames, 2 dupes each of the next 2. That will give you sine-like motion. However, that won't give you the overshooting that'll make it feel springy, that's tough to do well without doing a timing chart.