AuthorTopic: Pixcelerator.com  (Read 5348 times)

Offline KeithKarnage

• View Profile

Pixcelerator.com

on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:39 pm
Hey folks.  A couple years ago I made a Twitter bot named Pixcelerator to get a better stream of the great pixel art on Twitter.  Last summer I placed favourably in the js13k game jam and won a website and database for a year.  So I have now turned my bot into a website for viewing and searching recent pixel art.  Looking for feed back, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Keith

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: Pixcelerator.com

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 11:11:13 pm
That's pretty sweet! The site feels a bit old school with the pagination you've got going.  It'd be great if you could implement a pinterest-style infinite scrolling method instead.  Just my two cents.

Good stuff!

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:46:04 am
I gotta disagree with indigo there, I don't like the infinite scroll at all. I always feel kind of cheated on websites and apps that use this method, because I can't properly control the time I spend on them, it's designed to make you stay longer than you initially wished.

Keith's website could use some CSS, but it's pretty neat already, thanks a lot for doing this :D
Would it be possible to display the image when there is one? Or does it just not display on my phone's browser?
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline Kiana

• Artist & Game Dev
    • kianamosser
    • View Profile
    • itch.io page

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 07:36:31 pm
The happy medium, I think, would be togglable infinite scroll and/or more viewing options, like gallery-style display with rows and columns of artwork rather than single-column “feed” type display, or the ability to change thumbnail sizes. Depending on how the site is set up, you might be able to implement some viewing features just with CSS?

Searchability and sortability of tweets is cool since Twitter lacks decent search functionality, thanks for making this!
To achieve mastery is not to be able to work without thinking; rather it is to have total control of one's choices.