AuthorTopic: Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you all  (Read 12236 times)

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Re: Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you all

Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 08:38:33 pm
Hey
I really see some future in the bottom sprites (the ones with black outlines on your first post)
I would like to collaborate with you to make a terrific game out of it! :)
Please let me know what you think...

Vertigo

http://www.klmhaaszone.nl/vertigo

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:05 pm
love your style...post more!

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 11:54:11 pm
I have to admit, that I love the simplicity of your style, mostly the latest ones, since they remind me to cavestory style, (mostly the scientist) hehe.

Offline That One Guy

• Project Faust Head Designer
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 12:11:12 am
I have to admit, that I love the simplicity of your style, mostly the latest ones, since they remind me to cavestory style, (mostly the scientist) hehe.
I've fallen in love with this style, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

That little animation you posted, actually made me "Oooooo" out loud. Same with those last two characters that remind everyone else of Cave Story.
--Project Faust
Current Game
-~Castle Of The Dying Moon~-

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 11:00:40 am
By the way, what programs do you guys use? Long time ago I was using Graphics Gale, but I think I liked the hotkeys in Photoshop more, so sticking with that for now- any suggestions on that, though?

My exact sentiments!  ...before I switched to using Cosmigo Pro Motion.  If you plan on ever doing any larger pieces that have mid- to high-color counts, or doing any animation, or working on environments, the difference in speed between Pro Motion and Photoshop really blew me away.  At first it was really weird, and it does have a few minor bugs here and there.  But I've been using it almost exclusively for all my pixel art for a couple of months now, and I'm really glad I switched.  Lately I'm finding that even on the smallest sprites, Pro Motion is just plain quicker.  I still use photoshop for compositing sprites and tiles I've painted in Pro Motion, but that's mainly because layers and layer sets are pretty handy that way.

Haha, sounds like Jan paid me to write that, jeez :P  The nice thing is you can try Pro Motion out for free for a month to see if you will like the workflow and tools or not.  If you dig it, it's just $80 and you're up and running with the full version.  I would recommend un-installing the trial version before installing the full version though ;)  One of those pesky bugs...

Anyways, here's the site, I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot!  http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/

Also, a bunch of talented artists from Pixelation have been creating some timelapse videos of pixeling in Pro Motion, so you can get a feel for the benefits of fast index changing and index painting in general, not to mention the auto-tile completion feature...http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=2144.0

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 04:18:30 pm
Long time ago I was using Graphics Gale, but I think I liked the hotkeys in Photoshop more, so sticking with that for now- any suggestions on that, though?

Remember that you can change every hotkey in Gale.  In fact it will probably improve your efficiency if you do.  I like to have "x" set to swap foreground and background colours and 1 and 2 to go back and forward frames.  Just about every function in the program can have a key set to it they just don't by default.