AuthorTopic: [PAID] 10 x 10 min pixel animated web series - pixel anime entire TOP GUN film  (Read 3254 times)

Offline omasque

• View Profile
I am a screenwriter who wrote and will now produce a pixel animated scene for scene spoof version of the hit film TOP GUN.

Most scenes play out with the same action but a slight twist, usually with different dialogue, but same core elements. Closer to the original than something like Hot Shots, for example, so having a copy of the film itself would prove an invaluable asset for mining... assets.

This one should be pretty easy to estimate your time for. You will have a full 100 page script to work from, and depending on timing 2-3 of lead cast's dialogue, with me approximating voices and sound effects on raw audio to get the timing for the rest of the parts--eg you will have a 100 page script with full beats and a 100 minute audio recording to animate to.

Here is a rough approximation of how the pixel art should look in my mind - https://www.instagram.com/p/BnW5KpMA9mN/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet although I'm open to higher/lower grain, and keen to see an example of your animated pixel art if available.

Basically I would need you to deliver 100 minutes of 4k animated pixel art based on the film Top Gun with some novel elements. Please PM me with a quote.

You can view the full script here. Cheers! https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzbifyg2y2i60h/Best%20Guns%20-%20FD.pdf?dl=0

Offline omasque

• View Profile
Sorry title should read "pixel animate", there's no anime component.

Offline omasque

• View Profile
Oh and just a heads up that you'd obviously get full credit/billing on the production, and probably some small percentage of royalty rights on the off chance I can get this picked up for a redistribution as a feature once the series is finished rolling out.

My aim would really be to just get my material out there, pay myself a fair wage, do the same for anyone else who contributes, and make sure everyone gets appropriate credit and further opportunities off the back of it--which is a huge component for me as someone trying to break out and get this seen to roll into something profitable pot the 2nd or 3rd go.

I also would plan to follow this up with a pair pf sequels spoofing Days of Thunder and Mission Impossible using the same Todd Mews character (and my shitty Tom Cruise impression) if this is successful enough to warrant continuing.

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile
How many years/decades are you willing to devote to this project? ;)

Offline omasque

• View Profile
About 3 weeks. I'm prepared to buy only the art assets and animate it in Crazytalk 3 if no takers.

Offline pyxelbit

• View Profile
not saying it cant be done, but i think you underestimate the time it takes to make a somewhat decent pixel art animation.

a still roughly like your example takes at the very least half an hour to make. with a minimum of 6 fps for animation you would get 36.000 individual frames for 100 minutes or 750 days of pixel art. even with a lot of duplicated assets and lower resolution this is impossible to do in 3 weeks.

4k animated pixel art

this makes me believe you dont know a lot of the medium pixel art. id suggest you look into some basic tutorials at www.lospec.com to get an idea what pixel art is about.
and you cant simply throw assets in a animation software. stretching, rotating etc. will mess with the carefully placed pixels.

making a decent 100 min movie/animation/short film in 3 weeks is impossible in any medium. and it sounds like you expect to earn enough money from it to pay yourself and all contributers. i dont want to be mean but i honestly dont know who would be willing to pay a couple thousand dollars for something like this.

Offline aureotoshi

• Painter
    • View Profile
Not for discourage you, I have done two 3D animated feature films, and we spent 3 years with a team of 300 people, reusing all reusable.

Pixel art at 4K makes no sense. Pixel art is a manual task, unless you use a 3D base and render it "like pixel art", but it's a fake.

A film is much more complicated that it seems at first glance...

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile
3 weeks is definitely not doable unless you had a massive team, and even then unlikely. Also I'm not sure what kind of budget you're expecting but at a conservative guess something like this would probably cost around 200k unless you want to go for a exceedingly minimalist art and animation. Does that seem like something you think you're ready to tackle?