AuthorTopic: Pixelator: RESULTS (round 1)  (Read 272990 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Challenge 1

Reply #180 on: January 31, 2007, 12:25:56 am
Xion: I'm sure you're allowed to have a background. If it doesn't allow a background, they would've mentioned it. Also, my idea wouldn't work without one, so I'm just saying they allow one in hopes to give confirmation to myself about my own adhesion to the rules.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #181 on: January 31, 2007, 02:01:17 am
Backgrounds are allowed.

the main focus though should be of your monster.
Only one 'monster' should be in the picture. If you have flies, or eggs or birds in the background, consider those accessories. But do not have 2 monsters fighting, or side by side hugging. there should be only 1 monster, clearly scene. any other 'life' whether plants, or flies, etc, should only be thought of as accessories that add/compliment to the image, rather than make the image.

I was about to ask the same thing. For great detail, I have to practically dedicate the whole piece to the monsters themselves, rather than implement a background. So far I have 5 pieces now, and only one is using a background....ugh, I really need to choose which one to send in.
The time factor is almost making you doubt yourself. Wouldnt it have been easier to have just enough time to make one entry and submit only that one, knowing full that you couldnt have done anything different or better.
oh the fun.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #182 on: January 31, 2007, 03:31:04 am
Backgrounds are allowed.

the main focus though should be of your monster.
Only one 'monster' should be in the picture. If you have flies, or eggs or birds in the background, consider those accessories. But do not have 2 monsters fighting, or side by side hugging. there should be only 1 monster, clearly scene. any other 'life' whether plants, or flies, etc, should only be thought of as accessories that add/compliment to the image, rather than make the image.

:'( :'( :'( :'(
 :( :(
I...hate...

*sigh*

Back to the $#&%ing drawing board.

$#!*!!!!

EDIT: I OBJECT! It didn't say specifically anything about only having one monster per image in the rules! I mean, it said "Make an image of a monster or creature," but since the theme was titled "MONSTERS" (notice the plural) I only naturally assumed that multiple monsters could be the focus of an image. Not only that, but you said that how we interperet the theme was up to us, and I interpereted it as I saw fit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:45:45 am by Xion Night »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #183 on: January 31, 2007, 04:16:24 am
   Meh, I'm no judge, but I don't see how multiple monsters could hurt. I mean, it's 100x100 pixels, so the more monsters, the harder it is to fit(for a good piece, that is...:) ). Naturally, it will probably work against you, but if you make it work out, then kudos to you, good sir. So if this decision is left to the competitors, then my vote goes to draw however many monsters you want, just as long as it fits within 100x100.

No harm done...
my back hurts...

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #184 on: January 31, 2007, 04:45:44 am
EDIT: I OBJECT! It didn't say specifically anything about only having one monster per image in the rules! I mean, it said "Make an image of a monster or creature," but since the theme was titled "MONSTERS" (notice the plural) I only naturally assumed that multiple monsters could be the focus of an image. Not only that, but you said that how we interperet the theme was up to us, and I interpereted it as I saw fit.

hmmmm.
well...
originally i had only thought of only 1 monster.
But, after reading over my posts, I do not seem to state only 1 monster specifically.
The description does say "make an image of a monster or creature" with "A" being singular, and neither monster or creature being plural.
However, the title does say monsters. So in a round-about way, kinda pushing it, i suppose those 2 contradict each other.
Since i did not state flat out only 1 monster is allowed... I guess you fall just into the safety zone.
I did say this challenge was all how you interpret the challenge, and as you interpret it this way.. you would still be right.
I am not playing favorites, or making an acception. You just simply had a different interpretation than i was expecting, which still seems to be ok.

As I said, this challenge is left open to interpretation and seeing as how i did not place a restriction on monster count, it is acceptable for you to interpret this way.
Again, no rule changes or acceptions, you just managed to squeeze by with that.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #185 on: January 31, 2007, 05:22:11 am
Breathes a sigh of relief  :D ;D :) :hehe:

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #186 on: January 31, 2007, 11:34:29 am
ENSELLITIS!!11!!!!!!1!! :-* :y:

I'm almost done with mine now. You better watch your back Ryona!

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #187 on: January 31, 2007, 01:08:53 pm
I are going to lose.

No wrestling for me.  :'(

But imma still try my best.  ;)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #188 on: January 31, 2007, 08:11:21 pm
I are going to lose.

No wrestling for me.  :'(

But imma still try my best.  ;)

Rar-urgeepoo numero uno, is English not your first language?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:13:00 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #189 on: January 31, 2007, 08:49:16 pm
Rar-ergi numero uno, is English not your first language?

maybe he just rides the special bus to school  :crazy: