AuthorTopic: Pixelator: RESULTS (round 1)  (Read 273055 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Pixelator: DUEL MATCHUPS

Reply #380 on: February 05, 2007, 10:16:05 pm
This is a lot better. Left arm still too small compared to the right.

Offline Kubol

• View Profile

Reply #381 on: February 05, 2007, 10:58:23 pm
Kubol vs Sherman Gill

Kubol's piece doesn't have much going for it in terms of pixel technique. The design is cute. Sherman's piece suffers from bad aa, nonsmooh shading and generally underwhelming design. This is a close one, not because of good reasons. From the two, Kubol wins because he's doing more things and doing them a bit better. If he wants to survive next rounds he needs to step it up, though.

He means it's too simple.
Much too plain.

Not a lot to look at.

As for Kubol's, it looks lackluster to me design-wise.  Reminds me too much of a certain hopping video game character, and the outlines in it add alot of ugliness to the piece.  Sherman's just looks cool. And much more menacing as a monster.

Well... like I said before I just start making pixel-art and I think maybe it's too early for me to be a part of that kind of competition... I don't want to steal somebody's place if I'm so bad maybe  I should quit? I wish to say to everyone - GOOD LUCK!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:02:53 pm by Kubol »

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #382 on: February 05, 2007, 11:07:22 pm
I honestly think Kubol won out of the two. His is cleaner, and the composition is better. It's just got more going for it. If I were a judge he'd have my vote.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #383 on: February 05, 2007, 11:10:06 pm
It sucks winning by default.  i mean i put a lot of effort in - and for what?  i coulda just drawn a piece of shit and got through.  i know the point of this comp is to make the best pixels, im just a little pissed off my competitor didn't even do anything to challenge me.

There were also about 3 guys wanting to compete but didn't get a place, yet all those who signed up and failed to create ANYTHING just wasted everyones time.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:11:37 pm by Feron »

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #384 on: February 05, 2007, 11:12:04 pm
Welcome to the club :P
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #385 on: February 05, 2007, 11:13:16 pm
At least think of it like this, you know that your next competitor is serious about making sprites, so you'll have real competition!

Good luck to all in the next round :) It's  been fun.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #386 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:21 pm
I'm sorry, Feron. I was really busy and planned to do it on saturday, but my sister was using the computer to fill out a college application for the entire day. I thought I might be able to finish something quick today after school but the submission period was over. I can't believe I couldn't find enough time to get it done in 2 weeks. Sorry, man.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #387 on: February 05, 2007, 11:20:46 pm
I'm sorry, Feron. I was really busy and planned to do it on saturday, but my sister was using the computer to fill out a college application for the entire day. I thought I might be able to finish something quick today after school but the submission period was over. I can't believe I couldn't find enough time to get it done in 2 weeks. Sorry, man.

you still coulda let one of the judges know 24 hours in advance - that woulda been enough for one of the others guys to step in.

Helm (and other judges) : how about you chose an overall winner from each round,  would be interesting to see if the winner of round 1 wins the overall thing.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #388 on: February 05, 2007, 11:31:32 pm
Helm (and other judges) : how about you chose an overall winner from each round,  would be interesting to see if the winner of round 1 wins the overall thing.
I don't think that's a good idea.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #389 on: February 05, 2007, 11:56:28 pm
Me either.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.