AuthorTopic: CaveDays - Pixel Art Feedback!  (Read 2791 times)

Offline un7

• unseven
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

CaveDays - Pixel Art Feedback!

on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:04 pm
ptoing said to post here, so I guess it's OK... XP

The company I work on has just finished its very first "serious" game. And all the graphics from it is my work. Pixel Art, of course.

I need feedback on my pixel work for this game, so I'd appreciate if you comment and critique it. It's true I can't change the graphics on it anymore, but I wish this feedback for personal use, on future works (professional or not... Maybe a "CaveDays 2"...).
If you feel like commenting the game itself, feel free to do it. And if you feel like editing something from the sprites, please, do it  ;D

I cannot post any screenshot, sheet, animation or mockup here, just the download. So I ask you this favor: download, play and then, comment it.
The links are here:

PC users: http://www.cavedays.com/download
Mac users (second mirror): http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/action_adventure/cavedays.html

You may be thinking "this guy has just entered and is spamming!!!1"... Well, I've been quite active on Pixel Joint and was keeping track of here for a long time, but never had that chance to post here. Maybe now I'll begin to frequent Pixelation too  :)
Also, as I said before, the only thing I can post is the game download.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:46:08 am by un7 »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: CaveDays - Pixel Art Feedback!

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:52:42 pm
Finally a cool game for Mac OS X.  I commend you on that alone.

EDIT:  I've played the game now and it sure is great.  Great job with the graphics.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:14:54 am by Feron »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:08:29 pm
I love the graphics. Played the demo thoroughly. Great game. I saw some odd things with tiles but I didn't think that was due to the artist's fault. Not that it really mattered anyway. I love the game. Nothing but praise from me.
My favorite characters (that I saw) were the old woman and the man in the cave. Not sure what the levels' names were but the man had such a snappy walk I could do nothing but enjoy it.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:35:24 am
No specific pixel art comments from me (yet, at least).

I will say that that game is pretty awesome. Reminds me of a nice SNES platformer, along the lines of Adventure Island (mostly the leaves for clothing). The demo is pretty fun, stuffing live raptors into a small bag is always cool. I don't have any means of buying things online, unfortunately.