Critique > Pixel Art

8-Bit Megaman Legends [top-down shooter]

<< < (2/2)

thesydneylad:
Made another edit. I reduced the upper torso by one pixel on each side. The body looked too wide to be MegaMan to me.

thesydneylad:
This eventually became very difficult to make. I would like any feedback on this sprite.

My sketches would be pointless to upload.

I kept the head and the hair the way it is because any lower, and the sprite would become unreadable with the amount of black coming together. I did what I could with the shadow. I don't think I have a knack for shadows.

Basically, I was trying to get this pose, with the exception of the other arm trying to steady the gun. I wanted Megaman's arm to steady the gun, but all the clashing blue made it look terrible.

thesydneylad:
Made an edit. Just widened his gun arm by a pixel to emphasize that his gun part is bigger than his upper arm. Brought in his right arm by a pixel. It looked too far away, even for a top-down angle.

thesydneylad:
My final pose sprite. I think I'm ready to move on to my next project. I've been feeling less inspired and motivated to continue this project. I tried for a long time to get the hair to look right from the angle I was going for, but I just couldn't do it, so I settled for the best result I ended up with.

My Piece:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version