AuthorTopic: another alien (WIP)  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

another alien (WIP)

on: September 29, 2005, 05:04:36 am
I posted the sketch of this already in the general discussion forum, but since its now officially pixel art, i'll continue the progress in this thread.

progress so far.

I'm having problems with the 2nd light sorce as well shading on the abs right now.  i'm sure i'll encounter more problems as i continue, but i'm just taking em one at a time.  I'm also not too sure if i'm heading the right direction as far as colour choice is going.  I always end up tweaking the colours at the end, but its good practice to get it right the first time

C+C is welcome and thanks

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: another alien (WIP)

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:27:39 am
*clap clap clap*
Better than anything I can do.  :D

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:41:11 pm
Woo! Nice, coming along very well indeed. Secondary light-source seems okay to me for the most part, except that maybe it should be on the back of the tail rather than the underside, but that'd involve a messy swap over so it's best left as it is.
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:37:00 am
Wow, thats really good, both the sketch and the pixelated work ;D Well done.

My one concern with its prgress would have to be with the above post, and that the secondary light source (the pink-ish colour) should be on the top of the tail, not the underside. Unless of course, its not a secondary light source, but another shade of skin :P
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:31:30 am
I think it is just a skin shade Kriz, Indi you should fix those sharp talons on his feet meaning shade them his poor toes too, and I hope you put on those claws back on his hands.  Can’t wait to see you work your magic on the head of this guy...
edit Your a sick person ^ edit
Beyond all that I have some ideas, perhaps you can have some green ooze going through the tubes, and keep the numbers on his head.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:32:34 am
Good line-art and good colouring. I like the ilumination efect and the colors you chose :)

Finishh !!

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 10:07:43 pm
Love it. Love it. The abs especially are fantastic. I'm awed by the sense of volume there. Only thing is, you might want to get rid of the red highlight on the middle toe on the foot to our right and replace it with something slightly darker to give the foot a little more volume. Might want to add another buffer shade between the lightest and second lightest shades for the leg to our right, too.

Finishh !!