AuthorTopic: Pixelator: FULL  (Read 131640 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Signup

Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 09:13:04 pm
If you're wondering what his 'personality' is like, it shouldn't take long for you to find out.

Why should I? Isn't it just as simple to tell me what personality traits I share with him so your point can be made clear without any need for further research, or indeed reference, to retarded american pop sub-culture inanity?

What is "inanity?" Were you trying to say insanity, maybe? I'm sorry, I don't really know if that's a word or not.(I'm being serious)

Also, he was referring to Simon Cowell, 1 of the 3 judges on the show American IDOL, where amateurs compete to be Americas next top singer/star/whatever-I-don't-give-a-hoot-cuz-I-hate-that-damn-show...Any who, Simon is the mean judge, who always gives the harshest critique of the bunch. The crowd hates his guts, but obviously the show would be nothing without him...I still think the show sucks...make your own conclusions.

Edit***Looks like Ryumaru beat me to the punch****
my back hurts...

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:16 pm
Yes, flaber is right.  I was referring to Simon from the TV show "American Idle."

Did you mispell "idol", or are you making scathing sociopolitical critique in the form of a pun?

I had a feeling you wouldn't understand given that you live outside the US.

Even if I did I wouldn't bother with reality shows. We have them in greece too, and I don't know any of the people's names in them.

If you're wondering what his 'personality' is like, it shouldn't take long for you to find out.

Why should I? Isn't it just as simple to tell me what personality traits I share with him so your point can be made clear without any need for further research, or indeed reference, to retarded american pop sub-culture inanity?

Whoops, I did use the wrong word.  I'll fix that.  Yes, it's "American Idol"

and Helm, It sounds like you're getting worked up over this.  Twas a simple joke thats all - one in which you butchered in every direction. :P  B.O.B described it just fine.  The reason I did not describe him here was simply because it's hard to get an accurate description of him without looking into it yourself.....that and because i was just lazy.

anyway, this is extremely off topic so I suggest we just leave it at this point.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 09:45:46 pm

What is "inanity?" Were you trying to say insanity, maybe? I'm sorry, I don't really know if that's a word or not.(I'm being serious)

1.   lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.
2.   empty; void.
–noun
3.   something that is empty or void, esp. the void of infinite space.

Next time you are not sure if something is a word or not I suggest you use dictionary.com (Or maybe even an actual dictionary)

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 10:11:59 pm
"IM JOINING," assuming there are still spots left.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 10:12:38 pm
I would like to participate.

I'M JOINING

I'm going to lose so bad.

I feel sooooo sorry for whoever has to go against Snake first. Now in a humorous twist of irony, I bet I'll be that person :\

EDIT: Appears there are no more slots now anyway. Looks like ZoSo got the last spot if I'm counting correctly.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:16:55 pm by Blick »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 10:21:14 pm
enough people are keen, why not have a fifth round and double the participants.

If not, thats LAME.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 11:03:08 pm
If I remember correctly, this is sort of a test run to see how this type of activity will turn out.  If all goes well with this one, much larger versions of this will be held.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:44 pm
Blast! If only I'd looked here sooner.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #48 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:53 pm
Not to stray this off-topic (seems to be going pretty well as it is, I also propose a fifth round if we have enough people) but I hope not a lot of people think I do critique like this Simon character apparently does. I don't remember ever trying to discourage someone from making pixel art, and I always speak clearly about what I see. It's not that I get worked up over this, it's more that I am disappointed anyone would say I am discouraging or insulting in my critique. I try to help as much as I can and now I'm some sort of stereotypical 'harsh judge' personality? Unfair, I say! A joke, then? Why joke about this?

Oh well. I guess I'll take my frustrations out on the pixelator entries I have to judge on. YOU ALL FAIL IN ADVANCE. QUIT PIXEL ART AND GO BACK TO EMBROIDERY, JERKS.  :'(

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #49 on: January 18, 2007, 11:26:50 pm
lol, helm, no worries - nobody thinks that you're a simon-character.  Just every competition needs one, thus - I designated you to be that person.  :)