AuthorTopic: Pixelator: FULL  (Read 131666 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Signup

Reply #80 on: January 19, 2007, 04:18:14 pm
Wow, this competition is looking fierce. I better start warming up. Here's my portrait for the graph/contest line up:

Heh, just for practice, I put in a win and lose portrait, just in case. I'm hoping the lose portrait won't be used for both artistic and competitive reasons....

By the way, Scotteh, I think Flaber already mentioned a couple times in this thread that we have to pixel a topic, or subject that is given to us. Some may be restricted, others may not. No animations will probably be allowed, I'm guessing(at least for now...).I think a new topic is given for each round, considering the fact that you win, of course. Good luck to err' body!
my back hurts...

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #81 on: January 19, 2007, 04:46:31 pm
Haha! Those look great, B.O.B.! I'm going to have to do something like that too.  :y:

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #82 on: January 19, 2007, 05:03:24 pm
Who the Fuck is 'Freon'!!   >:( !yus!   -  .takaM's name is also spelt wrong.

i'll make a portrait as soon as i get in.

a good flash-person could really make something special out of this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:05:27 pm by Feron »

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #83 on: January 19, 2007, 05:19:17 pm
Quote from: Helm
What's the rule calling for people who are late in submitting their entry? Disqualification due to no-show? I suggest so. Let's not have any delays, given how these thing will take.. 2 weeks per round, five rounds... more than two months.
Those who are late in submitting their entry, or those who do not submit an entry at all will be automatically disqualified. There is no waiting, no extensions, no symapthy. If the entry is not in within the time period, you are automatically disqualified and the other person wins.

Is 2 week time periods too long, or is that ok? Should I change it to 1week rounds?

Quote from: Conceit
So, planning on being pxtion's fozzybar Flaber? ( a reference to conceptart.org forums...)
Yes, that is where I got the idea from. I saw it had quite abit of participation and hype, so i figured Id try and adapt a version for pixelation. there hasnt really been anything like this, as far as I can remember, thats why I figured Id give it a trial run to see how it would go.

Quote from: Conceit
Helm...hillarous to see u play a soft side XD. yeah Simon is kind of the first guy who reaaaaaaally critiqued the contestants...that's why he can be associated to you, "a simon" sort of equals the quintesential reality show hard C&C-er, Simon himself is quite the asshat but the "simons" of other shows have been more fair and respectful to the contestants...so being "a simon" is ok...while Simon" isnt :p
Just so everyone knows, each entry will not recieve their own personal crits. What the judges will do once everything is submitted will go through each image, and look at the different aspects I mentioned earlier to 'mark' it out of 10. Then the 4 scores from the judges will be averaged, and whichever turns out to be highest for the duel will move on. Since this is more or less a fun competition, I will only announce winner and looser, to avoid the potential of hurt feelings or embarresment (incase someone may not do overly well).

--
Thanks snake for the graph.
I was planning on creating one of my own, but seeing as how you have already created one, and its been accepted by everyone else, then if you dont mind me using it, that would be great. I might make a few changes here and there. Thanks though, thats looking great.
Dont necessarily worry about the order you have it in. I still have to randomize the first duels, so I can put it in proper order.

only 4 spots remain.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #84 on: January 19, 2007, 06:47:12 pm
I'm up against snake in the first round? :wah:

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: January 19, 2007, 06:51:29 pm
is that a 'yes, I will enter this competition' then, Zolthorg? I DARE YOU

I'm too cool to pixel, like rox.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: January 19, 2007, 07:02:18 pm
I'm up against snake in the first round? :wah:

see:

Dont necessarily worry about the order you have it in. I still have to randomize the first duels, so I can put it in proper order.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #87 on: January 19, 2007, 07:04:02 pm
Oh. Phew.

EDIT: Made my portrait
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:04:30 pm by Mirre »

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #88 on: January 19, 2007, 07:30:09 pm
yeh.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: January 19, 2007, 08:32:39 pm
I added some AA on mine and added in the new portraits.

Nice portraits btw, everyone.  :y:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:20:14 pm by Ryona »