AuthorTopic: rider portrait: work the progress  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

rider portrait: work the progress

on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:22 am
Hello!

I'm still working on this but I'm at the point where I could use help.  It's all refining from here on in so I want to make sure the groundwork is firm.  This is sort of a different approach for me and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to clean up the outlines or just remove them as I go.

16 colours, by the way, though I think I'm only at 15 now.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: rider portrait: work the progress

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:22:53 am
Hell Jizzem'! Been waitin' for some official Lackey work.

Fan-boy bull-shat aside, something about the light source and it's shadow aren't mixing well with me. It looks as if it's coming from all directions. I'm more distracted by the brightest whites on his pants. It's brightness from the right thigh suggest it's coming frontal, but his left thigh suggest it's coming from the left, which would be more realist, since the rock on that side proves this. However, on his right hip region, the brightest white is showing, again suggesting another multiple light source. His face also seems to show minimal shine too( could be from the hat covering it.)
   Considering light sources, all suggest some type of frontal source. However if this is true, why is his shadow showing as if it's cast at another angle. Other crits include: finger/hand detail. Not much else to crit on, since it's still in it's early developmental stages...maybe to show position a little better, some grass showing above the shoes to show depth?...
I could be wrong about the shadow thing though, so I wouldn't change anything considering my initial statement, until some more professional opinions come through...

Looking epic, though, I must admit

p.s. something tells me the clouds are going to be awesome...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:34:23 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...