AuthorTopic: Some Practice.  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Some Practice.

on: January 18, 2007, 02:27:27 am
Well, I was bored today and decided to practice abit,I came with this tiles, and improved an old template:

Well, Also I want to show this a incomplete mockup:

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Some Practice.

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:59:52 am
edits
I think the blue around his head was a little ... bad. You'll probably have to antialias the hair into the black.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:22:53 am
Well really the second piece is quite good, for that kind of style of flat shading. But that kind of style needs strict attention to AA, IMO. And while you have done some AA in some places, there's still quite a number of jagged spots that need smoothening out. His forehead, his jawline, his shoulders.

I say tone down the blue around his hair, too. It's extreme and distracting at the moment.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 07:09:02 pm

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:33:16 pm

JonathanOfDrain: I used that style since i was trying new things, normaly games have the portrait as your edit or in a box.

EyeCraft: yeah, my AA is really bad about the jagged spots you are right, I took alot of time making the face and the cloth was never complete, I will do some improvements soons

Ryumaru: I really love your work thanks for your help, i can see you are using two colours for the hair AA so it's more smooth and in some part of the cloth you swap the black to a dark blue tone.

Well any comment on the first sprite?, thats the one im more interesed in since I have never made a grass tile that I am satisfied with..