AuthorTopic: Spriteage  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Overkill

• View Profile
    • i make video games

Spriteage

on: September 29, 2005, 01:30:23 am
Hey, I thought I could show off (or atleast show) some of my sprite and pixel creations.

This sprite is old, very old. You wouldn't believe how many game projects I reused it in. I thought it turned out alright for something drawn in Grade 8, but it's in the past now.

Slime action! The typical green standard, and in kitty form! I was planning on eventually adding animation and better lighting, but I'm unsure as to how to get that "jiggle" effect.

These were SOME of the tiles from a competition game I made that failed miserably.

Our unnamed hero sprite, dubbed "moop.png" by my partner, for the competition game. Note that both this and the above tileset were rushed because there were more pressing matters, like code, event scripting, maps and so on.

Spiky guy. Something I've just doodled as of a few minutes ago. I'm gonna eventually start the shading and all that stuff, but in the meantime.

So, comments and/or criticism?

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Spriteage

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:47:05 am
Hi Overkill.

Anyways, these are done pixel by pixel with a limited palette, right? ;D

There are really inspiring pixel artists around here, you can learn a lot just by snooping around. ^_^

The spiked hair guy doodle, eh, well, I like your color choice. It doesn't burn my retinas. Which is good.
I think that the other arm and hand should be showing, since, well, he's facing more towards you than away. He has a huge eye, and the other eye is missing. Is that intentional, and if it is, are you shading the other eye, and if you are, shouldn't you cover the other eye with more hair? Also, you should maybe slim down the upper left body a bit to make room for another arm.

And this is just a personal thought, but I think his hair would look cooler if it looked like it could slice your head off.  :D