AuthorTopic: SMF: A New Software  (Read 16294 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

SMF: A New Software

on: July 18, 2005, 02:49:49 am
So this is a SMF forum. This is the avenue we've chosen to go down for the future of Pixelation. Comments, good and bad, are welcome. We'll definitely make efforts to customize and refine the template for Pixelation, but there might be things we haven't considered that you think are sucking the quality out of the forum experience, so please do not hesitate to share your opinions!

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: SMF: A New Software

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 05:04:23 am
Spiffy, I like it. I hope you guys keep the grey BG for the official board. I like it much better for displaying art.

Oh yeah, small question. Will we have to re-register and lose our posts when the official PA.O's board goes up?

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:49:09 am
That's a good question. The answer is, yes, we decided to use a more neutral background for posts on the next Pixelation scheme. The color scheme will still have "Pixelation Blue" in it, and similar shades, but we'll be expanding the scheme to be easier on the eyes.

Offline BeL

• how handy!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 09:49:17 am
Greetings and salutations and congrats on the new forum!

and... since noone has complained yet I think I'll break the complaints silence.

Where's the zoom function!?

Good Job and I Hope the forum will be up and running in no time :)

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 01:16:11 pm
Looks okay to me, except what's with the weird "Pixelopolis" text up in the corner? It's all choppy and weird. I'm also not diggin' the white background behind the grey.

But other than that, it seems good.

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 02:32:19 pm
Are you inviting us to comment on this forum? I must say it's...well, pretty good for a temp forum, though I miss the old Pixelation bloo. ;D
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 05:20:56 pm
Zoom Function: Noted.

StairwaytoEvan: This is just a temporary forum. Please try to tolerate it's imperfections.

Godslayer: I'm inviting everyone to comment on the features of this forum software model, not necessarily this specific forum. We'll be testing things out here, and the good elements would be applied to Pixelation.

Offline mjau

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 05:36:15 pm
One thing that annoyed me a bit is that when you post a reply to a topic (and I assume when you post a new topic as well, although I haven't tried this), you're put back into the main thread list in stead of to your new post.  I guess this makes sense since you've already replied and there's nothing else to do with the thread except leaving it, but I still like being able to verify that I didn't make any mistakes in my post, that others didn't post in the meantime (if I'm replying to something), etc. All other forums I've seen put you at your new post, so I guess it's a matter of what I'm used to as well. In any case, is it possible to change this ?

Offline DarkSword

• Shablov is coming.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 05:56:40 pm
Aside from the zoom function, I don't have any big qualms. One thing bugged me a bit though. I spent three minutes looking for the memberlist. :P
There cannot be unanimity without dissent.

- Georgia K. Hortanane

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 09:49:23 pm
Have any of you tried using one of the zooming extensions for firefox? I was testing it out in my thread, and I noticed that the post boxes in this forum system won't expand past the length of the screen. Maybe you guys will like it, but I kinda don't like it all that much as it limits the maximum amount of the picture you can look at and makes you have to use a scrollbar connected to a post to view the rest of the picture. It's not that big of a deal and would probably be easy to get used to, but I like how the phpbb system would expand the borders of the current post to meet the requirements of the picture(s) within it.