AuthorTopic: Banjo game portrait  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Banjo game portrait

on: January 14, 2007, 11:54:35 pm

This is a cut scene in the begging of a game I am helping to make (graphic wise).This image also has a story behind it:
It is a couple years before Banjo and Kazooie had defeated Grunty and Banjo's mother and Kazooie's mother had just given birth to them.Grunty's mother is given word about them and the proficiy of which they are to fullfill.The proficy states that the son of a bear and the daughter of a bird are to defeat her daughter one day and take over her throne.Of cource Grunty's mother will hear nothing of this and rushes on her broom to Banjo's house.Whence she gets there her minions break down the door and swipe Banjo.
This scene depicts the event whence Banjo's Father go's in pursuit of Grunty's mother.
C+C is greatly apprecated.Thank you for taking the time to read this.
-CK-
Edit:
Here is a more realistic version of him.Sorry,but GM editor dosn't have trancparency and I had started pixeling this on a green background.Anyway tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:03:30 am by Conkerking »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Banjo game portrait

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:52:36 am
The lines are very messy. You should clean them up before continuing.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:20 am
Thanks for the comment Xion Night!Yes the lines are quite messy but I tried to make it seem like fur so I tried to do it rough.I will make a sharper version as soon as possible!Again thanks for the reply!
-CK-

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 12:36:29 am
I think you could use adding a few more colors to this. Also, try using MS paint if you're using GM's editor. GM is for games and the editor is the WORST pixel art creation device I've seen. My calculator has a better pixel art app than that. (seriously.)

The mouth, especially lower jaw, has some anatomy issues. I'm sure you can find a picture on google of a dog or wolf that shows the structure of the lower jaw. The ears are also a bit wonky; the left (its right) ear is okay, I suppose, but the other one is coming out of the top of its head.

Good luck continuing this piece!