AuthorTopic: Fadatr revisited.  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Fadatr revisited.

on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:25 pm
Well, I redid my fadatar, made it biiger, more realistic, and the same idea for the animation, just Different. I also shaded the hair ;D, anyways, C/C is greatly appreciated.

oh, and Im digging the new smilies :D
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Re: Fadatr revisited.

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:52:08 pm
Ok, I'm going to suggest that you ditch the dithering for now and get all of your volume blocked out before doing dithering. Though even before that I suggest you clean your lines up and make sure you got them how you want them, then block out volume, then AA and then dither. Or something in that order.

Something about this piece just isn't working for me. I think the mouth might be a bit too high and the nose may be a bit high too.

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:20:09 am
The fadatars are generally 50% of the size you're using, then blown up 200%. Take a look through the fadatar gallery. Also, try working with the fadatar palette that most people have used - it's a good restriction, you'll learn a lot by working within it.
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:58 am
ugg i feel like a jackass posting without an edit, but one thing that stood out was that it was overdithered.  i would sugest using less dithering, and add a highlight on the right side of hsi nose.
untz untz untz?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:38:18 pm
The fadatars are generally 50% of the size you're using, then blown up 200%. Take a look through the fadatar gallery. Also, try working with the fadatar palette that most people have used - it's a good restriction, you'll learn a lot by working within it.

ah....ok thanks, and thanks for the crits everyone..

eck-yeah its over dithered///I suaully dont do that much..but I have my "moods" I will probably redo it yet agian sometime.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline eobet

• View Profile
    • eobet disajn

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 07:27:24 pm
Is there an official Fadatar how-to thread and perhaps also an official palette dump thread? I'd like to have a go at this as well...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday