AuthorTopic: NinJutsu *new wip added*  (Read 7652 times)

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

NinJutsu *new wip added*

on: January 13, 2007, 09:12:17 pm
Haven't really done this stlye before, but i think it's "ok"...
 I had trouble with the colors and the legs (as you can see the legs are pretty short)
I'm not sure about the animation either, i tried limiting the frames and this is how it came out...
So i guess all C&C are welcome.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:38:45 pm by jeiki »
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Re: NinJutsu

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 09:28:02 pm
The problem is the overall sprite, nothing is right, I'm afraid to say. There are much more experienced artists who would point out the problems, but as a novice, I coudl try.

First of all, the head, it's almost too much triangle like, it should be more eggy/oval like, his hair starts at an odd place and human ears should never be in that position. The way his head faces nearly contradicts his body angle. For the animation, it looks odd how everything but the arms and head don't move, if you want to make him more real, you should move more parts of him, even the slightest pixels will do the job.

Now to the anatomy and perspective, his torso anatomy is off, his chest muscles shouldn't go up like that and end that far, in my knowledge, and his six-pack that's visible shouldn't bend like that, it looks like it's coming from top right to bottom left. His arms, additionally, don't look very good, you should study how the arm and hand looks at such an angle, picture yourself in the pose and breathing in much the same way as he does. Second, you should reduce or refine the muscles on his legs, and finally, you should redo the shading and get rid of the. . Almost odd looking circular shapes near his groin. You know that looks like an insane weakpoint.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:54 am
The retardedness of his left hand ...............

But apart from that, not bad. Salvagable sprite. Like you said the main weak point are his legs being too short. It should look
more like this:

Another weak point is his neck. You can see how i changed it (made it extend from back of head correctly). The piece could benefit from shading with a light source. Lastly the animation is good if
its supposed to be "ninja doesn't know answer to question and shrugs", but I don't think thats what you're going for. I'd suggest looking
at the idle animation of the street fighter sprites etc. to figure out a better way to animate him.

edit: I thought my edit looked bad also so I worked on it some more. Anyway, cool character design. You should definately work
on this heaps until you've got a good king of spriters sprite.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:14:38 pm by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline tomas

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:30:18 pm
Did a quick edit on top of sharprm's edit (Hope you don't mind). I lengthened the legs even more and changed the colors/shading of the clothes.

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:20:31 pm
nice, thanks for the edit.
i need your opinions though, in which program is it better to animate? imageready or graphics gale? i used imageready for this, but i never tried graphics gale. will have an update myself soon

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Re: NinJutsu *new wip added*

Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 08:39:43 pm
tried a different style approaching it

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 08:44:29 pm
I personally prefer GraphicsGale because it allows you to animate using the onion skin method. That, and I just thought the way that imageready handles animation through the use of layers was kind of strange.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 09:17:54 pm
you really do not need to be starting another sprite yet. fixing and getting critique on the first one will most likely help you with the one you just showed.

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 10:14:19 pm
i tried starting from scratch and applying the comments u guys gave me

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 11:22:01 pm
tried a different style approaching it