AuthorTopic: [WIP] Several projects.  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

[WIP] Several projects.

on: January 13, 2007, 06:56:42 pm

My other work, I decided to try out how much I know and could do on 2d backgrounds/foregrounds. The ground inspiration (with the rocks and all) came from a website. I can't really remember which. Had some Ogre pixel art on it.. The two statues there were just something I was toying around with, they're not ACTUAL part of the tileset though.

One of my projects, although I'm nearing completion, I decided to showcase one of my works (The others aren't on the level of you guys. ^_^; ) here for the first time ever. You guys are pretty damn awesome, and since you are experienced enough, you could criticise or comment on this work, and/or give suggestions what I could add to it. (I'll edit it when I get to it, 'k? Oo; )

The reference pic is this one, and I got permission from the artist to show it:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/412/milleniamastermindkv0.jpg

The picture is a bit big so I don't think I'll post it in IMG tags.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:39:21 pm by Ryan Cordel »

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] 'Webmaster'

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:08 pm
Just a bump, I feel as if a 3 day waiting period is somewhat long for me for this one. I just want your critics/comments on this one.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] 'Webmaster'

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:30 am
I think this is very good for a start, but it has a lot of problems with lines. I suggest you read up on perspective (it's not really that hard, you just have to know what you're doing) and rework the lines so the feet are more similar in size and shape and so the legs are fixed: right now they look like you drew in the feet and body then just connected them to the legs with some bendy things that're like the ref's legs.

You could really benefit from looking more at the reference; you would add a lot to the piece by adding the little details on the legs.

I do like the eyes, though, they look very crisp. Unfortunatelky, they, too, have perspective issues. You'll want to make the closer one larger as a start and you'll probably want to skew them into perspective if they're not directly facing the viewer. This has a lot of potential and I'd love to see something great come of it!