AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208200 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #660 on: March 20, 2007, 11:51:07 pm
Whoa.
I think it's a book that somehow slipped through the dimensional void between our plane of existence and that of our counterselves.

(BTW, I really do believe in more than one universe and plane of existence, and that creatures beyond human fathoming exist in each.)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #661 on: March 21, 2007, 12:02:16 am

Offline Saokymo

• View Profile
    • DA Archive

Reply #662 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:36 am
I think it's a book that somehow slipped through the dimensional void between our plane of existence and that of our counterselves.

(BTW, I really do believe in more than one universe and plane of existence, and that creatures beyond human fathoming exist in each.)
I find that book strangely familiar, but considering the number of modern works that mention it I've probably heard about it in passing somewhere.

Have you ever looked at the paintings by Brian Froud, Xion? He's best known for character and world designs in The Dark Crystal and The Labyrinth films, but he's also published a couple of books that you might find interesting. Mr. Froud paints faeries, but not the stereotypical 6" pixies with shiny wings and sparklies--he touches on higher planes of thought and feeling repeatedly. Good Faeries, Bad Faeries is a great coffee table book with all sorts of descriptions of everything that's in it; another one to look for is the Faeries' Oracle. It's similar to a tarot deck if you're in to that kind of thing, but I've found it to be a very profound source of inspiration and insight.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #663 on: March 21, 2007, 03:51:03 am
Whoa.

I find that the Manchu definition best "decrypts" it, but it still doesn't answer what it says.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline rougewisp

• the other side of the pillow
    • View Profile

Reply #664 on: March 21, 2007, 08:45:03 am
another one to look for is the Faeries' Oracle. It's similar to a tarot deck if you're in to that kind of thing, but I've found it to be a very profound source of inspiration and insight.

I believe my mom has this. I see it lying around the house now and then.
for great justice

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #665 on: March 23, 2007, 12:17:59 am
It sounds like some of you guys didn't get to see Pan's Labyrinth; REMEDY THIS FACT IMMEDIATELY.  This movie is beautiful, powerful, disgusting, and extremely intense!

I just got back from seeing it. Everything I expected and more. Such a powerful movie. I recommend this to anyone, as long as you can stand a little* gore.

*little = lot of

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #666 on: March 23, 2007, 06:20:03 am
Oh oh! I just saw Pan's Labyrinth. Last showing in the whole damn county :D.

Good, but a lot more gore then I expected.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)