AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 209591 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #580 on: March 16, 2007, 10:25:05 pm
300 is not out here yet, but Helm educated me a lot about how inaccurate it is historically. It's pretty bad in that regard. Also I heard it has TONS of slowmo going on. Not sure if that is a good thing. I will prolly still see it, if just for the effects and general visuals, plotwise I expect nothing.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #581 on: March 16, 2007, 10:41:28 pm
Well I hope I am going to see 300 soon, based on the trailer it looks cool. If my friends didn't told me about it I was like what the hell is 300? , they showed me a trailer and well it looked like fun.
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #582 on: March 16, 2007, 10:42:22 pm
I loved it all the way but yeah, the sex scene was a little off but whatever. I came to see this movie not for a history lesson but for entertainment but just to make sure I know the truth, I researched the real battle. One question I'd like to ask Helm and anyone else who knows, how many Persians were there? So many different people come up with different numbers it's hard to know but since it's way in the past, we'll never know, eh? I would think it'd be hard to support anything over a milliion back in those days...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #583 on: March 17, 2007, 12:51:59 am
300 is not out here yet, but Helm educated me a lot about how inaccurate it is historically. It's pretty bad in that regard. Also I heard it has TONS of slowmo going on. Not sure if that is a good thing. I will prolly still see it, if just for the effects and general visuals, plotwise I expect nothing.

When is it out over here?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #584 on: March 17, 2007, 02:28:34 am
Alright, the people bashing the plot of 300, stop it. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read the original graphic novels by Frank Miller, and those were brilliantly written and illustrated. The film might have screwed the original graphic novel (as there is no sex scene anywhere near the plot for example), but I still can't let you look down on Miller's work like that...

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #585 on: March 17, 2007, 04:04:36 am
Yes yes, keep in mind, the movie was not based on the historical events, no where near it. Frank's novel is very loosly based on the events that actually happened.

The Persian Empire was actually quite beneficial to the growth of the area, and it's positive impact greatly outweighed any negative. They portrayed them in poor light in the movie. Someone's gotta be the antagonist, i guess. *shrug*

I thought the movie was pretty decent, worth the money.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #586 on: March 17, 2007, 04:53:27 am
Yeah, I saw 300. It's good, but there was an excessive use of slowdown (as Ptoing mentioned) and certain effects looked cheesy. I'm looking at you, spinning decapitated head.

The sex scene is a little weirder when seeing it with your dad. :B

EDIT: Oh yeah, too many lame one-liners too. :/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:10:22 pm by mccow28 »

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #587 on: March 17, 2007, 04:59:19 am
What's even more weird are the people in the movie theatre who are laughing at scenes of gore. What's wrong with you people?!?! Plus, there was a little kid in the theatre...  :n:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #588 on: March 17, 2007, 05:14:45 am
I refuse to watch that movie until its in the bargin bin at Best Buy  :mean:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #589 on: March 17, 2007, 05:15:50 am
What's even more weird are the people in the movie theatre who are laughing at scenes of gore.
I had to chuckle a little. Some of the decapitations looked pretty bad. My suspension of disbelief was shattered, it was!