AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208264 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #380 on: February 21, 2007, 03:46:48 pm

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #381 on: February 21, 2007, 04:32:04 pm
OMG! Darien, you win.

Half those songs scare me. Especially the ones singing about jesus...The rappin' rabbit one. No wonder why there are so many messed up people out there. And the subliminal Led zepplin lyrics were retarded. It's sad to think that most of those Bible thumpers still have and have passed on that ridiculous mindset on to others today...
my back hurts...

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #382 on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:45 pm
rofl!  there was a song there titled "im proud to be a jew"...

rofl! :crazy: :crazy:
untz untz untz?

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #383 on: February 21, 2007, 06:13:06 pm
infact... half the people I listen to seem like they belong in some sub genre of rap
I think that most (all) of the mainstream rap should be dragged out into a crowded highway and shot, stomped on, choked, and in general murdered. I don't usually care whether something's mainstream or not, as long as it sounds good, but I just wish that the mainstream rappers actually said something rather than corrupting the youth. I mean, 7 yr. olds walking down the street calling girls bitches and sagging and cussing more than the total sum of my own cussing in life. It's rediculous.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #384 on: February 21, 2007, 06:33:10 pm
Fo' shizzle my nizzle.

Personally, I love just turning in to the best radio station on the net and just chilling to the sound whenever I'm tired of whatever's on my HD. A whoooooole different kind of music.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #385 on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:03 pm
... I mean, 7 yr. olds walking down the street calling girls bitches and sagging and cussing more than the total sum of my own cussing in life. It's rediculous.

Ahem, for someone who prides themselves on being a spelling-Nazi of days past, you seem to have loosened up your choke hold. I believe it's "Ridiculous"...

Bah Hah!! I win!

Sorry, but I'm an A-hole by nature. Can't help it.

On the current subject of music, I'm a metal head, and enjoy it thoroughly. I've listened to rap all my life, and used to like it. However, I never went too deep into it. I gotta' say though, if it weren't for the bore of mainstream rap, I would have never stumbled upon some great metal musicians. I'm not saying rap is crap-no, instead, I'm implying that it's present forerunners could possibly try to make it better, instead of rehashing/sampling older songs. The main thing that gets me mad about most mainstream rap, is that it seems so selfish. A lot of it is mostly, "let me tell you about ME, girl", or "I'M a baller...", or " MY gold, my bling, I'm richer than you wangsta"...rinse, cycle, and repeat. It's mostly I, I, me, me, when I wish it was more us, us, and we, we. At least metal lyrics are about people suffering in general( well, some. At least, thats what most people who don't listen to it much, think), rather than glorifying themselves.(yes people, there are actual lyrics behind some of those cookie monster vocals...)
Again, this is what I think, so it may not be generally true. I just think rap has gone down hill. So metal it is for me, ladies and gents...
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #386 on: February 21, 2007, 06:41:54 pm
Fo' shizzle my nizzle.

Personally, I love just turning in to the best radio station on the net and just chilling to the sound whenever I'm tired of whatever's on my HD. A whoooooole different kind of music.

Slay radio is nice BUT http://kohina.com/ kicks it's ass imo.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #387 on: February 21, 2007, 08:39:26 pm
I like to differentiate the mainstream and underground rap by just calling mainstream "rap" and underground "hip hop" personally. I don't know if anyone else does that, but hip hop seems classier and it feels more old school to me, before the late 80's/early 90's gangster rap explosion that pretty much started mainstream rap. Stuff like turntablism, breakbeat, bigbeat, underground, acid jazz, all that stuff, I just go with calling it hip hop usually. Sometimes, just sometimes, I'll even put mafioso into hip hop's little corner of my mind. I think that's only because I really like Nas a lot.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #388 on: February 21, 2007, 09:17:38 pm
Rap is hip hop music, if I'm not mistaken.

Hip hop is the culture. DJing, MCing, breaking, graffiti, that stuff. MCing is rapping, which is hip hop music. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #389 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:48 pm
I know that, Rox. I just prefer to call it hip hop because the word rap seems to be taking on a bad name.