AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 210007 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #370 on: February 21, 2007, 04:39:21 am
Listen to WOXY.
:-\ :durr:

I find most of my music from commercials and movies.
Mostly commercials. ;D

www.ninjatune.com
Oh yeah, that's much better.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:49:13 am by Xion Night »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #371 on: February 21, 2007, 04:56:21 am
eew blick what the fuck is that crap?

wheres the metal?  wheres the screaming?  that station sucks.
Bah, I'm not big on metal. Twee pop, electro, indie rock and underground hip hop is more my thing. I mean, unless it's Children of Bodom.

Mostly commercials.
Which is either stuff you'd hear on college radio or mainstream stuff. Seriously, I saw a commercial for My Gym Class Partner's a Monkey today that had Ratatat - Wildcat playing. And Air (oh how I love Air) on a few car commercials. RJD2's Ghostwriter track is on the new Wells-Fargo ad campaign, and all of those artists I found because of WOXY over the years.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #372 on: February 21, 2007, 05:00:37 am
MTV and Fuse are poor representations of what goes on at the local levels in the US. :sry:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #373 on: February 21, 2007, 05:39:47 am
I found Grandaddy from a Honda Civic commercial. They are now my favorite band. Everyone says they first heard Grandaddy in 28 Days Later with AM 180, but I heard The Nature Anthem about a half a year after I saw that and was like "Holy crap I love that song. Must have!"

I also found OK Go from a Target commercial. Not high on my list but I can hardly say I don't like 'em.

I recently heard Roykskopp (or something) on that one series of commercials with the highly offended cavemen. Some is ok, but mostly not what I like.

I found Swollen Members from the SSX 2 (or 3, can't remember) soundtracks, in Deep End.

There are a few others but those stand out the most. Even if SSX isn't a commercial.

Edit: Oh yeah, They Might Be Giants. I can't remember where I first heard 'em but I'm pretty sure it was a commercial. They do alot of stuff like that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:44:56 am by Xion Night »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #374 on: February 21, 2007, 05:47:16 am
Roykskopp
Only one K.

Whenever anyone mentions Grandaddy, I always think of that Mr. Scruff song, Come on Grandad. I often hear Grandaddy mentioned too, but associate them with Mr. Scruff in my mind to the point that they're practically the same to me no matter how different their music is.

Edit: Oh yeah, They Might Be Giants. I can't remember where I first heard 'em but I'm pretty sure it was a commercial. They do alot of stuff like that.
Malcolm in the Middle theme song, maybe.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #375 on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:37 am
Regarding Rox: there's more mainstream music than the rap hiphop and screamo channel that is mtv.
Very true. Sadly, I don't get any of that here. Well, there's some pop and R&B, but nowdays those two are also quite horrible, I think. Sorry if I'm stepping on toes here, it's just... I can't stand most of anything I hear on the radio, whenever there happens to be a radio nearby.. I don't really listen to stuff intentionally nowdays.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #376 on: February 21, 2007, 09:21:10 am
music.. is there anything we wont discuss? :P

here in New Zealand it's a bit different, we have our own music which is quite frankly the only music from today I can stand, even though I don't like other genre's at all, I don't mind them at all here, the rap isn't corrupted and commercialized, and the few NZ rappers that are, once they've been made a joke here, they move to Australia and become successful  :-*
It's really funny when they claim to be Australians too once they move :P

back to todays music, I think around 99% of it sucks.. its all very selfish, shallow music that is forgotten as soon as their next album comes out... but anyone with a brain should know that
I listen to rap, and I do get sick of immediately having to defend myself just about everywhere, hopefully you all can just accept I don't listen to the commercial 'money, women, drugs, guns' rappers of today, there are a few rappers I listen to from today, and they're not 50 cent, eminem, and anyone else I feel stupid just mentioning

infact... half the people I listen to seem like they belong in some sub genre of rap
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #377 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:01 am
Lupe Fiasco? He was totally wicked at the big day out.

i'm mainly a blues rock kinda guy. but my mum was into soul, my dad was into classic rock, my sister was into hip hop/rap, my brother was into everything, so i'm of/against no particular genre.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #378 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:39 am
Speaking of music, I think there is some really good stuff here::)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #379 on: February 21, 2007, 09:54:41 am
Lupe Fiasco? He was totally wicked at the big day out.

i'm mainly a blues rock kinda guy. but my mum was into soul, my dad was into classic rock, my sister was into hip hop/rap, my brother was into everything, so i'm of/against no particular genre.
yes, lupe fiasco is pretty cool, did you go to bdo?
Life without knowledge is death in disguise