AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208220 times)

Offline Colonel Mustard

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #320 on: February 15, 2007, 09:19:49 am
I'm not completely sure what you mean, but my two buttons on my stylus can be set to things like modifier, where I can choose alt, ctrl, etc, so I hold one button and touch the color I want to pick. And no need for moving it off tablet ??? It's a wacom volito 2.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #321 on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:00 am
I don't really use my pen buttons for anything. There's two buttons on the tablet that I have as undo, but that's it. But then, I don't need color picking when I draw freehand, and for pixel art I just use the mouse...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #322 on: February 15, 2007, 01:59:16 pm
youre all in for a treat, I took of my bandages to have a shower, and I took a photo of my shin

its healed a lot now, so you might be a bit dissappointed
and when I got out of the shower, it was no longer a healthy orange
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #323 on: February 15, 2007, 04:45:19 pm
Yikes what happened?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #324 on: February 15, 2007, 08:40:55 pm
:-\

I went camping this weekend at spent about 13 hours straight sitting in the river with my friends, I got pretty badly sunburnt, but thats okay, happens all the time.
got home a few days ago, and I had a shower today, all the skin came off my lower left leg, so it was all red and raw, I went to the doctors, guess what, second degree burns. my right leg is first degree

now I've got this bigass bandage allover my leg and its itchy as hell, got like 6 layers of creams, cotton pad things and like a sheepskin thing !yus!

pics or it didn't happen

Delivered.  :y: :y: :y:

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #325 on: February 16, 2007, 12:13:25 am
Ahhh I figured there was something posted previously. Thanks for that Zolthorg!

Wow, that has to be the worst case of sunburn of I've read of. Glad to see it's better. Phew

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #326 on: February 16, 2007, 05:18:09 am
I'm not completely sure what you mean, but my two buttons on my stylus can be set to things like modifier, where I can choose alt, ctrl, etc, so I hold one button and touch the color I want to pick. And no need for moving it off tablet ??? It's a wacom volito 2.

I mean stylus barrel button modifying the action of the stylus tip.

So:
Tip + no buttons = LMB
Tim + button = RMB

This has the benefit of friction locking for the RMB and of course pressure/tilt.

The wacom software doesn't even seem to support keyboard modifiers for tool actions (only setting tools to act as keyboard) which would be a satisfactory alternative anyway, since I've got a hand on the keyboard anyway for Ctrl panning.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:21:41 am by surt »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #327 on: February 16, 2007, 10:47:03 am

Speaking of strange senses:

1. Does anybody else see green/yellow cat eyes when they close their eyes really hard?
2. Does anybody else see purple/blue waves when they close their eyes really hard?
3. Can anybody else smell rain, or snow right before it happens?
4. When laying down on a trampoline, does anyone else see a bunch of really small atom-like objects moving rapidly around?
5. When laying your head against a pillow late at night, does anybody else hear "extra" noises?

These are just some random things that have bugged me over the years...

1. and 2.;  As have already been said, try pushing against your eyes with your hands and you'll start to see the real trippy stuff. And then when you open your eyes again they'll be in "high-contrast-in-photoshop"-mode :] All reds and yellows and blacks and white, then it'll slowly revert.

Trippy.

3. Unfortunately. But I do love the smell om rain on warm days.

4. Ah, I love my floaties. :]

5. I have heard an orchestral track that emanated from my own head, I loved it. I have also started to hear extra tracks on records that have stopped playing when trying to sleep. For some reason, turning off the stereo always works o __o;;
' _ '

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #328 on: February 17, 2007, 03:00:25 am
If you push on the corners of your eyes just right they slowly darken and it gives a tunnel-vision effect. Looks like I'd imagine the "light at the end of the tunnel" to be. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Smelling rain is not a strange ability. What you're actually smelling when you think you smell "rain" is the ozone produced by lightning.

A long time ago I heard clicks when I jumped and walked; any vertical movement of my head did it. It really freaked me out; I never did find out what was making that noise.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #329 on: February 17, 2007, 04:21:12 am
got a credit card?
live in the U.S?
http://www.mrcheapstuff.com/deals/2007/02/free-domain-web-hosting-no-ads/
free domain and webhosting from microsoft.