AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208240 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #300 on: February 11, 2007, 07:07:44 am
Eh, no worries, it's just that the video is like a week, 2 weeks old, maybe. Also, it was mentioned before. :P (not sure if it was this thread)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #301 on: February 11, 2007, 07:12:06 am
b.o.b.
I first noticed those little atom-like spots like 4 or 5 years ago. It is called Scheerer's phenomenon I think.
I did some searching around and found out that you are seeing your white blood cells traveling through your eyes.
I never understood it until i found that out, it is interesting to see, and easiest to see in a blue sky, but i can easily focus on them in any light(looking at a non-patterned area works best)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

oops, i notced someone allready posted a link..

anyways, I also have heard extra sounds before bed.
You can actually train yourself to hear more, and also experience other things like your body floating or moving.
One time I was trying to produce some effects, and my entire bed began to sway violently side to side, but when I noticed it and opened my eyes, nothing was moving.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:18:07 am by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #302 on: February 11, 2007, 07:24:02 am
B.O.B: I don't know what those extra sounds would be, but I know they couldn't be radio frequencies, if you mean you were hearing the actual radio frequencies... but anyways sometimes i hear my alarm clock, faintly, when it's not ringing.  That not usually when I'm lying down.  Sounds similar to what you describe, though.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #303 on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:06 pm
Wow, Rox.  The camera on that is /really/ glitchy in windowed mode.  Other than that, cool racetrack.  I might have to go check that Quest3D thing out.
Heh, yeah. Quest is INSANELY unpredictable. For me, the camera glitches out when I'm in the editor, OR when in fullscreen mode, but it's incredibly smooth and wonderful in windowed. I think it's mostly my fault, because we've only been using Q3D for a couple of weeks at school, so we have a TON to learn about how the program works.

The car physics took many many weeks to get right... There are so many things to change, it takes forever before you start finding balanced combinations.

About hearing things before sleeping... I do all the time. And it really ticks me off sometimes. If I happen to turn off my computer before going to bed, I can still hear a very strong, high-pitched buzzing (I presume to cancel out the computer's noise, much like eyes try to balance out strong colors) for many minutes after. I also currently keep hearing some sort of really really faint beeping noise, but only if I keep my head in a very specific angle on the pillow... and only with one ear, in that specific angle. It's annoying. Especially when I once decided it's just my mind making the sound up, so I tried to think about something else as best as I could, occationally testing myself by thinking about the noise briefly, and when I did I could hear it again. So it seemed fairly obvious I was just making it up, and so I began trying to sleep again.

And then it started again. And to test it out, I tried focusing on it the same way I did before.. and the sound I had been making in my mind was of a totally different pitch. That really bothered me!

Also, for a period of time when I was younger, I could do SOMETHING, no clue what, to make huge, green clouds float around before my eyes when I was trying to sleep. No physical interaction involved, I would just lie on my back and gently close my eyes and relax, and in a little while my field of vision would fill up with green disturbingness. If it was dark in the room, I could still see it when opening my eyes. I seem to recall being somewhat uneasy from the green showing up totally by itself just before I was about to sleep a couple of times, and keeping me awake for a few more minutes.

After a while, not more than a year I'm sure, it went away.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #304 on: February 11, 2007, 01:57:11 pm
Rox that faint beeping sound could be a nearby Lithium Ion battery. I had exactly the same experience and then I realized it was the battery in my digital camera which was on my shelf in my room.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #305 on: February 11, 2007, 03:29:09 pm
But I can only hear it with my left ear, toward the wall the bed's against, when I keep my head slightly angled away from it. Let's see what kinda electronics I have in my room anyway...

There's the ceiling lamp, the bed lamp, my alarm clock which goes tick tick tick really loudly... The DS doesn't make any sound.. my phone doesn't make any sound.. and the computer's off.

There's a NiCd battery next to an airsoft rifle in a box under my bed, but that thing hasn't been used for half a year now... and last time I checked, a lone battery in a box doesn't emit sounds.

There's nothing in our livingroom on the other side of said wall, either. The only thing we have there are a couple of game consoles and a TV that're all off. Besides, if I just sit up in my bed, I can't hear it anymore, so it can't be that. In fact, I think my mind's just messing with me.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #306 on: February 11, 2007, 03:31:29 pm
My nose feels un-even.

The bone on the side at the bttom feels like sticking out slightly on my left side than right.
Broken?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #307 on: February 11, 2007, 03:59:02 pm
My nose feels un-even.

The bone on the side at the bttom feels like sticking out slightly on my left side than right.
Broken?

Might be a better idea to go see a doctor than ask us for advice, heh.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #308 on: February 11, 2007, 05:33:57 pm
I went to my neighbour some bone doctor went to her for my ankle, she said that it was fine and not broken but it could be swollen. She said if I felt something really was wrong with it I should go to the hopsital and get an X-Ray, I'm gonna go at end of week.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #309 on: February 11, 2007, 08:21:23 pm
I'm probably really late, but I like the Bruce. Kudos to whover was involved.