AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 209639 times)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #280 on: February 10, 2007, 08:02:13 pm
Wow, Rox.  The camera on that is /really/ glitchy in windowed mode.  Other than that, cool racetrack.  I might have to go check that Quest3D thing out.

Other people: wow, I feel lucky to have only had one broken bone, two sets of stitches (both on my head), and knocked out teeth.

Xion: Yeah, I know what you mean about the "sensation of hitting your head".  It is unique, although I've gotten it once or twice when I /almost/ hit my head but didn't quite make contact.  No idea what it is, though.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #281 on: February 10, 2007, 08:20:32 pm
Injuries, injuries...

Well, I've been towed after a bike down a hill, cutting up my knees. I've dropped a camera on my foot, breaking off the nail on my big toe. Someone's kicked me in the face by accident so the top of a tooth got knocked off. Playing with beanbags, my brother either stepped on my foot or somehow got acid on it (maybe from the nearby batteries). Can't explain it, but I ended up with a large acid burn on my foot that got a huge, blue dome over it after two minutes. Still got the scar. At school I somehow managed to stab my hand with a pencil. The tip broke off and I couldn't get it out. By the time I got home the wound was allready healed. I can still see the piece in the palm of my drawing hand. Infused with art, sort o' speak...

During my only time rollerblading, I got pushed by one of my friends towards a fence. On the other side was a 5 meter drop. I couldn't stop, so I decided the smartest thing to do was gently fall over. The result was that my wrist broke my fall and I ended up with a broken arm. When I got to the doctor, they figured they had to pull it into place. They injected the painkillers, but for reasons unknown decided to pull right away. Having my bones reset without drugs is probably one of the most painfull things I've ever done in my life. Nearly fell off the operating table from the cramps. Later at a visit in another city, I had to get the bandages replaced because I put it in water (unknown to me). Got on a new type of tight blue bandage that was harder. However, when I got back and it was time to remove it, the doctor half assed the cutting, slicing up my arm all over the place.

Apart from that, I guess it's just mental scars.

While on the subject of slicing things. One of my friends had an odd summer job at a kindergarden. One of the slides there had in some way got it's edges bent outwards at the top, creating a sharp edge. As the kids held on to the rail and slided downwards, the gap narrowed in, cutting off their fingers. It happened quite a few times because it took time find out what happined and get the slide removed. The kids would use when they weren't there to stop them. My friend was the one that had to pick up the severed buds.

Xion: I thought the taste was a common thing. Usually just a side effect, like when you taste blood after running too much. Overstimulation if I remember correctly.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #282 on: February 10, 2007, 08:50:33 pm
... jeez...

I got in a fight with some 15 year old big Korean ( Black belt in Twa-Kondo) . I'm 13.
Anyways,

It was his birthday and as I usually do I piss him off in some sort of way by saying Whats up dawg since he thinks he's gangster.
Sooo He walks in the lockeroom I say "Happy Birthday" and he says "Fuck you" because he thinks it sarcastic. Than I say congratulations your mental age is 3. He gets pissed tells his friend to shut the door. He than "trips" on me and saying sorry dude.
I step up, push him and we get into a fight. He kicked me 2 times I kick him 5 in his left waist and leg. He than tries to like jump and kick me I move and I pick him up whilst extending my arm and whamming him backwards. I than stupidly thought it was over and he turned by the shoulder and I got punched first in eye and than in the nose. Eye punch didn't hurt but mouth one did.

Got a bleeding nose and lip.
Lip got swollen and small bruise to eye.

He got a bruise on his leg and I think his side.

:mean:

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #283 on: February 10, 2007, 09:09:24 pm
In other words, you lost?

Any hoo...

Speaking of strange senses:

1. Does anybody else see green/yellow cat eyes when they close their eyes really hard?
2. Does anybody else see purple/blue waves when they close their eyes really hard?
3. Can anybody else smell rain, or snow right before it happens?
4. When laying down on a trampoline, does anyone else see a bunch of really small atom-like objects moving rapidly around?
5. When laying your head against a pillow late at night, does anybody else hear "extra" noises?

These are just some random things that have bugged me over the years...
my back hurts...

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #284 on: February 10, 2007, 09:25:52 pm
1. Does anybody else see green/yellow cat eyes when they close their eyes really hard?
Not when I close my eyes just now but sometimes I so see them while closing them
2. Does anybody else see purple/blue waves when they close their eyes really hard?
those wrinkles that float and slowly fade away? Yeah..
nope
4. When laying down on a trampoline, does anyone else see a bunch of really small atom-like objects moving rapidly around?
never tried
5. When laying your head against a pillow late at night, does anybody else hear "extra" noises?
like a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, yeah sometimes I have that

Really freaky stuff... :P

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #285 on: February 10, 2007, 09:39:52 pm
No.
Yeah. It's kinda soothing. Sometimes helps me sleep if I just focus on 'em.
Not snow (maybe 'cause I'm usually asleep or indoors when it starts), but rain definitely.
I wish I had a trampoline.
I hear passing cars. And sometimes that high eeeep sound Drc mentined. I don't know what you mean by "extra," though.

Anyone find that if the press their face really close to a glass window being rained on you can see microscopic things?

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #286 on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:35 pm
close your eyes and press against them with your fingers (not too hard, by the way). you get a sequence of dots and waves and such. when i do it, the exact same sequence usually happens every time.

anyway, i've been quite lucky my entire life. only real major injuries were when I was 4, we were in boston. I believe we were at the boston mall. well, we were getting ready to leave and we took the escalator down to exit. apparently my foot was too close to the side, and the escalator sucked my foot in. nothing was broken or anything but my foot got pretty mangled up, and i needed a cast for a while.

my mom also ran over my other foot with the car a few years ago. I was putting things into the backseat and my foot was in front of the wheel. apparently she decided that she would move forward a bit, and she went over my foot. luckily i came out okay, nothing exploded or burst into flames or got broken or whatever.

aside from that, I've never broken any bones, aside from a sprained finger or two.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #287 on: February 10, 2007, 10:05:50 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

I see some really trippy stuff when I press my eyes in for a long time. Like, the creation and distruction of entire galaxies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrichor <-- Maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

See these every now and then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I've got a ton of floaters in my eyes balls. Little bastards are annoying as hell sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_ringing

My ears ring for no apparent reason sometimes.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #288 on: February 10, 2007, 10:14:39 pm
I hear a sound like rainsticks when my ear is up against a pillow.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #289 on: February 10, 2007, 10:22:44 pm
Yeah, it's the moisture in the air or something I think. Living in Seattle and then Fairbanks, I got used to both the smell of rain and snow so it's hard for me to notice it anymore.