AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208306 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #270 on: February 10, 2007, 09:07:18 am
Man, that is pretty awful indeed. Fucked up shit.

A story where noone died, but evenly gross from a neighbour town from my hometown. Old man, lived alone, with no one who looks after him, in an apartment. Nobody had seen him for almost 2 weeks, but no one really cares, they did not know him very well, not their business. Then at some point a pretty bad stench from his apartment began to seep into the hallway. Then people started caring - can't have the hallway stinking. Some people rang his doorbell, he did not answer, they called the police so they could look what's up. Police comes, rang, knocked on door, no one opens. They decide to pick the door as they suspect something has happened. The whole apartment is stunk up, the guy was lying in his bed which was covered in shit pretty bad. Somehow he had an infection in the leg and did not want to go to the doctor, old guy, senile, walking hurts so he only goes the smallest ways, when he needs to get water or a bit of food from the fridge, and shits around in the bedroom, which did not help the infection. An ambulance was called and the guys had to amputate his leg right there in his house. When the cut the leg, some place above the knee, maggots came out. One of the doctors, who had seen pretty gross shit before, had to leave the room and puked. Thing is that if it had not been for the maggots which ate the puss and dead meat he would have died from blood poisoning days ago. FUN!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #271 on: February 10, 2007, 09:38:50 am
Yeah, maggots may be sick, but they're pretty helpful in that manner. I remember seeing something where if a person's wound didn't heal at a normal rate and the dead flesh would just block new flesh from coming in, or something to that effect, they would put maggots in the wound and seal up a cast in hopes that the maggots would take out all the dead flesh and the new flesh would be able to grow more easily. Mmm maggot therapy...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:40:50 am by Blick »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #272 on: February 10, 2007, 11:27:00 am
yah ptoing, I'll take a photo or two tommorrow, wont look very interesting since its all bandaged up :P, though my foot will probably swell back up to a freakish size that doesnt fit in my shoe  :-X
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Reply #273 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:05 pm
Yikes, some major injuries in here. The max I got is a bone tumor right above my right knee due to a blow playing soccer when I was 12,
and some scars in my right foot for stepping in broken glass playing soccer in the street. And a broken ilium that healed alone for falling when playing soccer.
Guess I should stop playing soccer  :huh:
And not related to soccer, a fissure in my forehead caused by a similar case to pkmays. When I was 4 I got hit in the head with a see-saw. The little mothertrucker left the see-saw when I was tying my little shoes.

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #274 on: February 10, 2007, 02:13:42 pm
When I was around 6-7 an old lady from up the street hanged herself right outside my kitchen window. 

She couldn't do it in her own apartment building, because the stairs didnt go up that high(there was a dance studio in the basement, so first floor was higher than the other building), and also the railings on our stairs were broken right at the top, so it was the only place she could go under the railing and jump off.  We lived on the first floor, right by the stairs there, so one day our neighbor knocks on the door and asked if we knew what happened. My mom thought that my dad got in an accident or something, but the guy said "no, go look out  your window" It was really scary.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #275 on: February 10, 2007, 02:23:06 pm
Hmm my share, At the age of 12 was playing tag on the grassy vacant area of my school and I fell face down and felt something on my knee, unfortunately my classmate jump on my back like a wrestler on his happy days. and when I stood  up, was shocked to see my knee has a huge 3 inch cut <and become semi circular in shape>..and you can see the white bone. Turns out that broken glass bottle was there. lucky me?  :crazy: I believe my doctor used his fingers to probe my injury to check if there is some glass shards remaining.

At the age of 15, got a Circumcision <Majority of guys here in the Philippines take this like a rite of passage>...But turns out the anesthesia didn't work well. And I felt the cut slicing to my being.  :-X

Age 22 went to a concert, and was Indian sitting on a platform around 6 feet high and some guy pushed me <didn't see him>, flipping me to the air and going down with my head first straight down..so I used my hands/arms to protect me. Well I saved myself from a head injury,  BUT I can't say for my elbow.. ..Yep the ligaments got whacked..and no punctures but the bone protruding abnormally like the arrow shown on the picture

This are the accidents I'll never forget, the rest just not worth mentioning :P

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:42:24 pm by Froli »

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #276 on: February 10, 2007, 02:32:37 pm
Wow. I've never been seriously hurt... well, I may have, but I've never had any lasting means... I did break off a toe nail once, and that was insane, but that's as far as I've gone...

One of my two older brothers, however, has a curse on him of some sort. He's been burnt by lamps, he's gotten diseases no one's been able to identify (seriously, went to, like, three different hospitals and no one knew what the hell was going on), he's been in a vehicle related accident and got himself a mild whiplash, and he still hasn't been able to get compensation for that... There's ALWAYS something seriously wrong with him. And worst part is... I BET he'll live to be a hundred years old. Just so he can spend even more time complaining about constantly being sick and broken.

Ohyeah. We've been learning to use Quest3D at school lately... so in an attempt to learn it, I managed to make this at home.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/46909/4643589

WASD to steer, Tab to start/reset.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:35:06 pm by Rox »

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #277 on: February 10, 2007, 03:37:50 pm
Since where talking about injuries, bones and head surgeries.

I tore/twisted my ligament back in November from screwing around with my friend (play fighting) and ever since than I like feel I walk differntley, like as I don't have much stability. And it feels like the leg is shorter a tiny bit.

And I went to the doctor on Febuary and said I MAY have a fracture. :(

Is this why and will I recover?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #278 on: February 10, 2007, 06:32:15 pm
:-\

I went camping this weekend at spent about 13 hours straight sitting in the river with my friends, I got pretty badly sunburnt, but thats okay, happens all the time.
got home a few days ago, and I had a shower today, all the skin came off my lower left leg, so it was all red and raw, I went to the doctors, guess what, second degree burns. my right leg is first degree

now I've got this bigass bandage allover my leg and its itchy as hell, got like 6 layers of creams, cotton pad things and like a sheepskin thing !yus!

pics or it didn't happen

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #279 on: February 10, 2007, 07:53:07 pm
Wow, this list of pain just keeps growing.

Well, my brother broke his arm once. He came off a ramp on his skates but apparently wasn't ready. He knew he was gonna fall, so put his arms out to catch himself. When he hit the floor he was all cool. Then he went to get up and realized that there was a new 90 degree angle halfway down his forearm. He hadn't even noticed. He hurried up and snapped it back into place so it was straight again. When he went to the doctor later that night, the doc said he'd actually done a good job of setting it. He said that, if he wanted to, the doctor could finish setting his arm for him right there, right then, wide awake. My brother opted to get KO'd before they touched it.

When I was a real little kid, like 4 or something, I was arguing with my brother over a caulking gun. Him, being older, was like "no go away." I, being younger, was like "Wanna gun!" So after a little tug of war, his grip slipped and the gun flew into my face. Hit me right between the eyes. My mom said I didn't even cry or anything, but after a long while of bleeding, she figured something was wrong, 'cause the bludd jus' kept coming. So yeah, I got stitches.

My sister used to be so ungainly on her feet. She'd make it a habit to twist her ankle like once a month. I mean, she'd trip over her shadow. Or an ant. Seriously. Walk, walk, GAGADOOSH! On the ground for no reason. Fortunately, she hasn't fallen in a long while now.

My Dad had his foot run over by a forklift. Was working somewhere doing something, and must've had his earplugs in or something, so the thing just backed right over his foot. He screamed and the forklift dude just stared at him for a second before nonchalantly, unhurriedly getting off his foot. It was all blue and purple and stuff. fortunately nothing burst and no bones were broken. But when he went to the doctor in later months for checkups and stuff, the doctor didn't believe his foot actually hurt. (It did, he'd be like owing all the time) The idiot doctor just thought he was after insurance or something.

Dad also fell off a roof when it collapsed. He was working on a house and, as far as I know, the thing just fell. It was a fucking miracle that all the bricks landed around and beneath him. Seriously, of all the heavy-ass bricks that fell, not one hit him. His back was messed up for a while (still is) but I'm so glad nothing worse happened.

So there's a list of all the noteworthy injuries in my immediate family.

Hey, curious, does anyone else here get this..."taste" when they fall on their head? It's like, the unique "taste" of hitting your head. Never comes any other time. Not even sure if it's a taste so much as a sensation. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy when I tell them.