AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208227 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #250 on: February 10, 2007, 02:10:54 am
Well that's good news, 'cause I love popping my knuckles.

TakaM:
Holy damn, man.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #251 on: February 10, 2007, 02:16:05 am
Congratulations, .TakaM!!

You just made me puke.

Seriously, though, must be painful. I'm guessing you're pretty light skinned? I used to have a nice brown coloration to my skin, due to long hours in the hot ass sun due to football practice. Now, from what my family has told me, I've turned pale white. Apparently, working in a call center will do that to you. It's like, I walk outside, and hiss as I cover my face with my cape and run towards the nearest dark area, or crevice. Light bad, blood good!
   Speaking of wounds, I still haven't gotten surgery on my bad knee. It's been about 2 years since I tore my ACL, and some discs in my knee joint( I didn't know I had discs in my knees either...). I'm afraid that it will get worse as I let time progress. I haven't noticed it get any worse, but it's still a hindrance when I want to do something athletic. The only option I have when running, is going in a straight line. Enough about me. Hope your wounds heal nicely though TakaM.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:17:41 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #252 on: February 10, 2007, 02:23:01 am
ACL?

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #253 on: February 10, 2007, 02:25:55 am
you're from NZ right takam? the sun here is a bitch. thinnest ozone of any inhabited place or something like that. 13 hours would be murder. got the skin on my feet burnt off a couple of summers ago. fun in the sun.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #254 on: February 10, 2007, 02:28:31 am
ACL?

Quote taken from random web site...

"Do I Need ACL Surgery?

What is an Anterior Cruciate Ligament tear?

The anterior cruciate ligament is one of four primary ligaments around the knee joint. It is an important stabilizer of the knee. The ACL can be injured by trauma or sporting activities. If the ligament is completely torn, it will not heal. Some individuals elect to leave the knee without an anterior cruciate ligament, and some choose ACL reconstruction of the ligament. If the knee has a deficient anterior cruciate ligament, the individual relies on the other three ligaments (as well as the inherent stability of the joint and surrounding muscles) to stabilize the joint. This is not always sufficient, and may lead to recurrent episodes of instability--a sensation that the knee may "give out."

For a person who likes to play rough, this injury is a curse. It's an injury thats very common in football(american/canadian, what ev'). And wouldn't you know it, thats how I tore mine. Some huge lineman dived at my knees while I was squatting, preparing to hit the ball carrier, and boom, there goes my knee. I felt my knee cap pop out of place. I was practically in shock when it happened. It isn't the most horrible injury in the world, but it's a real downer. You practically can't do much as far as sports are concerned. I've had both my ankles twisted and sprained several times, as well as a crappy shoulder, and dislocated, and broken finger. Plus I've been knocked cross-eyed 3 times. (Yes, you really can get knocked cross eyed.) I still miss the sport though. Oh youth, how you are forever gone.
Being an adult blows balls, and is totally overrated...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:38:50 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #255 on: February 10, 2007, 02:30:49 am
yup I live in NZ, and nah bob, Im not that light skinned, my arms have always been tanned, and my upper body has a slight tan, I just rarely wear shorts :P

and it doesn't really hurt that much, i was quite surprised to hear second degree burns, I was thinking maybe sunstroke at the worst lol
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #256 on: February 10, 2007, 02:31:03 am
A kid I knew once covered his shoes in gasoline, lit them, and ran through the packed down snow.

What? Akira mentioned burning the skin off his feet. IT'S A LOGICAL PROGRESSION, DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK.

Anyway, Spring in Alaska is hell. The sun starts to hang around longer, and there's glare everywhere because of the snow. Everyone squints and it's hard to see anything and the slush is slippery and I always fall once a year, in Spring, in the middle of a crowd. My junior year I stepped outside of the school and I was suddenly in the sky. I realized a couple seconds later that I wasn't so much in the sky as I was about to hit the ground head first.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #257 on: February 10, 2007, 04:37:58 am
Takam., post pictures! Bey stuff like that sucks. I had an accident that was completely due to my own stupidity last year, and almost had my perineum (look it up yourself if you don't know what it is) stabbed by a metalspike of a fence when climbing over it and slipped, and by almost I mean 2 cm to the left almost. So now I have a about 3 cm wide quite rough scar in my right upper thigh that reminds me not to climb over fences with spikes on them. The entry hole was about 1 cm deep and no important nerves got damaged (and there are some superimportant ones plus a major artery in that area). So yay for stupidity and luck.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #258 on: February 10, 2007, 04:53:20 am
That story made me cringe, ptoing.

I have a huge scar on my chest, as well as a small horizontal one a couple inches under it from an open heart surgery. Recovering from that surgery I experienced pretty much every pain there is to experience. I guess it hurts lay on one's back after a while, and to have needles and tubes pushed in and later removed, after they've stopped giving morphine because the puking just won't stop.

Roughest eight days ever.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #259 on: February 10, 2007, 05:04:54 am
That sounds pretty bad. The leg thing did not even really hurt, at least not to begin with, i thought i only had my trousers stuck on the fence and then when i felt the hole in the trouser leg i realised there was another hole as well. And after a while I got a stingy pain, but the worst was when the practising nurse put her finger into the wound to check how deep it was. It already was anesthetized but the numbing only goes so deep, surely not 1 cm :/ That fucking hurt like ass.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.