AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 210128 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #180 on: February 03, 2007, 04:05:23 pm
@ .TakaM

Reminds me a lot about the movie Groundhog Day. Only slightly more serious. ... slightly.

I'm glad it happened.

Because it's hilarious.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4G-D0F4Q9yk

Anyone remember what happined to the Mario "?" box project? People responded in exactly the same way. Someone made a ?-box and put it in public for fun. People called the cops. Bomb squad came in, found nothing of course. Media were ignorant and placed blames. The owner of the website that had the idea was made the enemy. Jack Thompson poked his nose in to make PR for himself.

The only thing this case lacks is Thompson pointing out game references in the moonities and we'll be all set.

On the subject of the "Silly Americans", the US has an enormous media distrebution, which is why people know about it. Things on TV are always exaggerated to make things more interesting, including the news. Unless you're able to see something for yourself, you're bound to go for stereotypes or what you make of the media that commes from that place. (for example that animé, ninjas and perverted men are what Japan is all about. What about countries we hear less about, like Malta or Uzbekistan?) The wrong people have been shouting the most, that's all.

One last thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXrKo8Btfc One man band. I've had this melody in my head for at least 2-3 weeks now.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #181 on: February 03, 2007, 04:37:56 pm
daybreak actually made me watch groundhog day :P

good movie, albeit a lot more peaceful
Im up to the 10th episode, downloaded and watched 4 today  :lol:

i need the 11th ._.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #182 on: February 03, 2007, 05:05:12 pm
mccow28:
me and you, right now.
Busy right now, sorry. Making a minigame for a friendly competition.

After that, sure.  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:01:17 pm by mccow28 »

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #183 on: February 03, 2007, 05:55:57 pm
snake: Yes, Bobby McFerrin is /amazing/.  Have you watched any of the other videos of him on youtube?  I especially liked the ones of him improvising with other people, such as Richard Bona and an accordion trio.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #184 on: February 03, 2007, 06:10:02 pm
I have. His improvisations are just great to watch. I found the 'Ave maria' video to be one of the most interesting. He can hit and devide every chord.

Incidentally, I used "Don't worry, be happy" on my final 3d project last year. Guess it proves how addictive his tunes are.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #185 on: February 03, 2007, 09:00:03 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnG_Ce8Qz9w

This  was recently presented by Royal Deluxe on my country; a gorgeus show in every possible sense.
Kudos, to the performers and Royal Deluxe itself.

What do you guys think about it?
That is the awesomest thing I have ever seen.

I want one.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #186 on: February 03, 2007, 10:46:37 pm
The people are just for show. The girl can actually move by herself.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #187 on: February 03, 2007, 11:17:29 pm
ok.. day break is such an awesome show I have to tell you all, it really puts everything else to shame
I'll just briefly explain it:
black cop is framed for the murder of a man he never met, he gets thrown in prison and late at night is forced out of his cell and taken to a quarry where he is shown a video of someone killing his girlfriend and watching his sister's family, they then tell him to stop claiming innocence and to confess for the murder, they inject him in the neck and he goes to sleep.
he wakes up, and the same birds are chirping on his window sill, the same couple jogging outside and his girlfriend wakes up much alive and says the same thing, at this point the name 'day break' makes sense.
and what really makes this show for me is no characters are idiots, Ive never watched an episode and been like "why didn't he do this and that!?"

so, obviously the cop is stuck in the same day until he presumably fixes everything and exposes the conspiracy. You have to appreciate the story, how the entire thing all pans out in one day and its so intricate, he explores a specific possibility each day and the outcome of each day varies a lot depending on his actions.

Ive always enjoyed the idea of the butterfly effect, and everyone loves time travel, throw in some excellent characters, excellent action scenes, an amazing story and youve got perfection

plus it's only going to be 13 episodes, so its a very tight experience that isn't stretched out for the sake of airing longer.

Graah! That sounds like an idea I had for a novel. Now if I actually d0 go and write it, they'll say it hearkens back to this show I've never heard of.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #188 on: February 04, 2007, 11:34:06 am
Happens to me all the time, Xion.

All. The. Time.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #189 on: February 05, 2007, 02:22:50 am
Happens to me all the time, Xion.

All. The. Time.

Example:

Rox: Man, I really like Chocolate. But I also love peanut butter. Oh what ever shall I do?!!

Rox: (light idea brightens above head) I've got the solution! (grabs peanut butter and mixes with chocolate.)

Stranger: (innocently awaits his coffee at stereo-typical cafe)
Rox: Why hello young sir. I have brilliantly concocted the most delicious snack your taste buds have ever met! Would you like to try a sample?
Stranger:...sure.(grabs chocolate-peanut butter snack)

Stranger: Yeah, this is pretty good.
Rox: Good?...GOOD?! Why it's better than good, sir, it's the best damn snack alive!! Nothing else like it!!
Stranger: Umm...Haven't you ever heard of Reeses peanut butter cups? The candy that comes in a orange rapper...and in cups?

Rox: (looks at Reese's candy bar) Reeses Pea...pea....peanut Butt-arghh....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

This has been a day in the life, of the one known as "Rox"...
my back hurts...