AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 210136 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #170 on: February 02, 2007, 07:29:53 pm
As an American, I can guarantee you that there's no such thing as "most Americans" or "the average American." Nice thing about the whole boiling pot nature of the states is you come across the full spectrum of beliefs, personalities, and biases. Unfortunately, some of the most vocal and well known Americans are rich conservative white politicians and egotistical attention starved celebrities.

The whole Boston scare thing was brought about primarily from ignorance and the huge rift that exists between the old and the young.

Also, many baby boomers are certified idiots.
Exactly, and those white rich ignorant politicians give America a damn bad name, as my post proved.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #171 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:02 pm
There isn't an 'average american' yet there's large segments of the american population that keep voting people like Bush into office. It's difficult not to realize some political ( or apolitical ) trends in that country.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #172 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:33 pm
There isn't an 'average american' yet there's large segments of the american population that keep voting people like Bush into office. It's difficult not to realize some political ( or apolitical ) trends in that country.

Yes, a large part of the voting population. And, the Bush/Kerry race was one of the closest in American history.

But meh, lets please not debate politics. I can think of about a hundred things I'd rather do than debate politics, and most of them have to deal with me being violated anally against my will.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:03:42 pm by pkmays »

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #173 on: February 02, 2007, 08:08:43 pm
Pixelation needs more collabs goin' on. The smashing together of 2 styles is a wonderful thing.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #174 on: February 02, 2007, 08:10:52 pm
I loved how the 2 guys just talked about their hair. Although, somebody should tell them that the long "hippie" hair has been around for thousands of years and is a timeless classic, everyone should know that!

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #175 on: February 02, 2007, 08:14:50 pm
Pixelation needs more collabs goin' on. The smashing together of 2 styles is a wonderful thing.
MAybe a nice idea for after Pixelator:
The same, you duel, but with teams of 2 people.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #176 on: February 02, 2007, 08:28:30 pm
I like that idea, Opacus :D.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #177 on: February 03, 2007, 06:58:32 am
mccow28:
me and you, right now.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Chris_Alex

• View Profile

Reply #178 on: February 03, 2007, 07:04:06 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnG_Ce8Qz9w

This  was recently presented by Royal Deluxe on my country; a gorgeus show in every possible sense.
Kudos, to the performers and Royal Deluxe itself.

What do you guys think about it?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #179 on: February 03, 2007, 02:37:25 pm
ok.. day break is such an awesome show I have to tell you all, it really puts everything else to shame
I'll just briefly explain it:
black cop is framed for the murder of a man he never met, he gets thrown in prison and late at night is forced out of his cell and taken to a quarry where he is shown a video of someone killing his girlfriend and watching his sister's family, they then tell him to stop claiming innocence and to confess for the murder, they inject him in the neck and he goes to sleep.
he wakes up, and the same birds are chirping on his window sill, the same couple jogging outside and his girlfriend wakes up much alive and says the same thing, at this point the name 'day break' makes sense.
and what really makes this show for me is no characters are idiots, Ive never watched an episode and been like "why didn't he do this and that!?"

so, obviously the cop is stuck in the same day until he presumably fixes everything and exposes the conspiracy. You have to appreciate the story, how the entire thing all pans out in one day and its so intricate, he explores a specific possibility each day and the outcome of each day varies a lot depending on his actions.

Ive always enjoyed the idea of the butterfly effect, and everyone loves time travel, throw in some excellent characters, excellent action scenes, an amazing story and youve got perfection

plus it's only going to be 13 episodes, so its a very tight experience that isn't stretched out for the sake of airing longer.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise