AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 209630 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #90 on: January 17, 2007, 09:18:37 pm
I know Bratz exists, never seen the cartoon if there is any, but that stuff I would pretty much consider unwatchable, as in turn it off after 5 seconds max.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #91 on: January 17, 2007, 10:25:08 pm
ew bratz have a cartoon?  Those things really creep me out.  I've never been a huge fan of Barbies either, but at least they were human-esque    :huh:

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #92 on: January 17, 2007, 10:48:11 pm
I don't know anything about Bratz except the insanely annoying commercials. Oh, and the name. The name sounds like it's trying to make "brat" seem like a good thing, which it's not. The added Z at the end stands for rebellion and independence. And then they go about slaying that impression by trying to enslave kids and selling all kinds of princess make-up dolls and what not...

Skewed image? It's good to be a self-centered brat, IF you do it while looking like the beautiful princess you are! And don't forget the nightblack shades. And your pink skirt.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #93 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:32 pm
Yeah, Bratz is obnoxious. Somehow little girls, and disturbed boys, just eat it up though.

I remember seeing the Saturday morning cartoons they have on Fox these days and I could've cried. Being a kid that grew up with Fox Kids, it's really daunting to see how far it's fallen. I remember being so mad when they removed afternoon cartoons because at the time I didn't have cable and it was the only cartoons on every weekday, besides The Simpsons. I gathered what little sustenance I could out of PBS, but Arthur, Caillou and Between the Lions can only be entertaining for so long. Okay, that a lie. Arthur is always entertaining.

Anyway, the point is, I hated the final years of Fox Kids, hated the switch to Fox Box and hated it even more when 4Kids Entertainment took over.

The glory days are over, o my brothers.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #94 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:35 pm
on adventure time, I think it was better than the average cartoon today, even the simpsons sucks now

cartoons I do like however: futurama, clone high (even though theres only 13 episodes ("jclejcjc")) south park, american dad... and perhaps family guy though I can tell I will soon hate it
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #95 on: January 18, 2007, 12:23:13 am
family guy and futurama are algebraic.

simpsons is pretty mathmatical too.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #96 on: January 18, 2007, 12:43:37 am
Rocko's Modern Life is sooooo rhombus.

As is Angry Beavers.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #97 on: January 18, 2007, 12:48:22 am
Cousin Skeeter.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #98 on: January 18, 2007, 01:45:13 am
I'm going to have to go with ptoing about the 'algebraic' and 'mathematical' thing.

<.<
>.>

I'm more Euclidean than you.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #99 on: January 18, 2007, 01:57:54 am
Evil-Ville, that's awesome. :)

I remember seeing the Saturday morning cartoons they have on Fox these days and I could've cried. Being a kid that grew up with Fox Kids, it's really daunting to see how far it's fallen.
I know what you're talking about. :ouch: Now it's so bad that I just sleep until 1:00. They got rid of all the shows I enjoyed (Fighting Foodons, Ultimate Muscle). TMNT is okay, but not worth getting up early for.

On the subject of Saturday Morning cartoons, Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain ruled. On a general cartoon note, The Tick ruled as well. Oh, and Looney Tunes of course.

The only cartoon I watch nowadays is Futurama. I can't stand Family Guy, and the new episodes of the Simpsons are just terrible.

As for Adventure Time, I enjoyed it, some of the parts were retarded in the little-children's-show sense, the part where he's trying to tell the joke to the unicorn was pretty great though. :)