AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208229 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

on: January 12, 2007, 04:20:44 pm
Well, new year, new OT thread.
Nah, actually the other one was getting enormous.

You know how it rolls, keep it clean, have fun and blah blah blah.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 05:34:34 pm
Goats deserve an opening mention.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:12:14 pm
And so does the new Opacus.
I have now officialy changed my name, because Shadow Wolf sucked.

Discuss.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 07:16:16 pm
So what's an O... ooh... I read that as ocapus. Like, the first ten times I read it. Figured it's some crazy type octopus.

So there's what I have to say about it. It looks like octopus!

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 08:06:00 pm
The last one was enormous? Back at Pixeljoint they've got over 300 pages of offtopic in one thread. Maybe it has something to do with the forum software.

@Shadow Wolf- I saw that pixel in the PJ gallery and thought, "Dang, that looks like somebody's style, but I don't remmeber who." Now that I see it under your handle it clicks. I think it could use some anatomy work though, it lacks proportion, a neck, ear muscles, and the buttcrack on the front of his face doesn't really make sense.

Can I have an opening mention too? I promise I'll give it back still working... mostly.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:12:28 pm
The last one was enormous? Back at Pixeljoint they've got over 300 pages of offtopic in one thread. Maybe it has something to do with the forum software.

@Shadow Wolf- I saw that pixel in the PJ gallery and thought, "Dang, that looks like somebody's style, but I don't remmeber who." Now that I see it under your handle it clicks. I think it could use some anatomy work though, it lacks proportion, a neck, ear muscles, and the buttcrack on the front of his face doesn't really make sense.

Can I have an opening mention too? I promise I'll give it back still working... mostly.
He's not human, he has mah own custom anatomy xD

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 08:40:32 pm
Still, nothing would have arms that are collectively as thick as its torso and your ear-things would show bone/hard supportive tissue along with muscle or they would bend downwards. You would do well to better show the curvature of the face and the crack in it rather than it just being an amorphous thing with a slit in it. Another thing, you hint as to a neck, but it would have to be something thin and flat, but you don't really show that to be the case. I guess the character would work better if it was defined more in a more natural pose before you made this portrait view of it.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:59:43 pm
Hey, I was wondering...
Lots of people here like music, right? How about we do one of those themed community treads and we all pixel our own choice of musician or band and display it? Interesting?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:15:48 pm
Hey, I was wondering...
Lots of people here like music, right? How about we do one of those themed community treads and we all pixel our own choice of musician or band and display it? Interesting?
I like your thoughts...I'm will suck them out of your brain and take over the world! (And helm will fuck another goat)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday