AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 209615 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #510 on: March 07, 2007, 02:26:03 am
I remember being in art class and the AP art kids would be in there with us and one day one of them brought in a photo which had a guy holding a glock in it. He was going to make a linoleum block print of it, I think it was. Anyway, he first had to sketch it and started up on it and the teacher went CRAZY. She refused to let him show it if it was to be finished because it showed a gun. Now, I could understand if it showed him in the process of shooting someone, or if it showed something too graphic to be had in school, but simply because there was a gun is why she wouldn't let him show it.

Then the next year we were making assemblage art and mine included syringes. It took me forever to get her to agree with my idea of using syringes, even after I told her that I could take the needles off and keep the cap on.

In French we used to have to make a storybook with images and the story in French, of course, and in my senior year when I made one, I just handed my storybook to my teacher right before the finals. She's been pretty good about my drawings in the past. Creatures eating each other, pulling out their own hearts, generally gore filled images with a side of sick humor involved. When she got to the third page of my storybook that year, I remember her saying "You can't draw that!"

As I said though, she's understanding, she just let it go. What could she do even if she was horribly offended by the image anyhow? Stop me from graduating? I doubt it.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #511 on: March 07, 2007, 02:28:44 am
So, I'm tempted to post on Punaji, but looking at the site, it doesn't actually look like you guys (the regulars) do anything there besides chat and procrastinate.

Umm, so why don't you join and change that attitude of their's, Meester-Keester.

Also, I've never been suspended from school. I skipped a couple of times, but not much for any teacher or school personnel to get angry about. I remember once I skipped, and the principle asked to see me in his office. There were 3 of us, and we all skipped. He tried to pull that detective crap, where he said one of us admitted to skipping or something, when in actuality, the other person didn't admit anything. Just a little move to make one person to spill the beans. He wasn't expecting all of us to seemingly admit that we were, though (the reason being- we all skipped to smoke some MaryJu-Wanna, and munch on some burgers and crap. Therefore, admitting to skipping is much better than admitting to smoking the J...). We got off with a warning. Not much of a big deal though.

Man, I should really get a pixel job, or something dealing with art. Get my foot in the door, and get off my lazy ass. This tech support thing is killing me. I sit on my booty the whole damn day, and I'm starting to get back pains. I think I'm tuning into a chubby-tubby. I've lost all will to work out in the mornings. The most I do is dumb bells. Some motivation is in order: Cheesy Rocky music, here I come..."Hearts on fire, Burning desire...."...
my back hurts...

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

Reply #512 on: March 07, 2007, 02:44:04 am
So, I'm tempted to post on Punaji, but looking at the site, it doesn't actually look like you guys (the regulars) do anything there besides chat and procrastinate.
Eh, who doesn't amirite?

B.O.B.: The other day I was looking through the employment section and would think "I would really like to work on that project. Or that one, and maybe even this one..." But then I thought "The problem is would I like doing it in a couple days?" I'm one of those people that enjoy pixelling, but not all the time. I do it on a whim. I haven't even started my Pixelator entry yet because I'm having trouble finding that whim. If it doesn't come by Friday, I'm afraid I'll have to force it. And that's never a pretty sight.

I remember I skipped school twice in my life. Both in my senior year. The first time was because I didn't want to go back to school after lunch so a couple friends and myself went to a friend's house and ate pizza. Problem was that the roads were horribly icy. Now, I can drive on ice just fine, but that day was like... I could walk faster than the cars were going, and probably have more traction doing so. It had rained the day before and the rain had frozen overnight into a nice flat layer of ice. All I could think was "What if I crash, I will have to explain it to people, what will I say, what if the cops come after I crash and I have to explain why I'm out of school and they tell my mom, would my mom care that I skipped school once in my life?" I didn't crash. It was scary though. So I waited for Spring to come for the second time.

That time we went to the middle school football field and played ultimate frisbee. A gym class came outside and the teacher (who I remember having way back when and hated) went off on us as we calmly got back in our cars and left. One of my friends stayed behind a little bit and argued with the guy.
"You can't be here!"
"Public property."
"SCHOOL PROPERTY."
"I'm a student."
"Of this school?"
"Of this district. It's why the high school swim team can have meets in the middle school pool. The only thing I'm doing wrong right now is skipping class. You can't get me for trespassing."
The teacher then started to call the cops. Like they could do anything besides warn us. One of the middle school girls even yelled out "Sorry my teacher is such a douche bag!" It was good fun.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #513 on: March 07, 2007, 03:40:03 am
I don't understand how some teachers can be such assholes. Or ridiculous. I'm glad I've never had a teacher like that. Not so far at least.
Except my kindergarten teacher. I swear she was racist. Or maybe she was just a b****. Dude, she was like, 5 inches taller than me.
In kindergarten...!
She was short and ornery.
I was always the quiet anticonfrontational kid, and there was this other black kid [Phillip] who was the opposite of me, and we hated each other. In fact, now that I think of it, everyone in kindergarten hated me. I don't even know why. I was always the at the butt end of fart-blames and meanness. Anyway, the teacher treated Phillip like a king. He spat on me once. I couldn't bring myself to punch him (Damn my unreal pacifism!) so I pushed him and got in trouble.
Kindergarten kids were bastards. 2 years later I found myself in homeschool, loving it.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #514 on: March 07, 2007, 01:52:03 pm
Homeschools sounds like heaven

I don't skip school that often, sometimes the first hour to stay in bed :P but thats it...
But I do get send away from class a lot of times because I talk too much :-\ not that I care, I usually only get a warning. Never got suspended btw, you don't get suspended that fast on my school.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

Reply #515 on: March 07, 2007, 10:02:55 pm
What I wish I had done in school is taken more correspondence courses. I only took two correspondence courses during high school because I wouldn't have graduated without them (I failed a lot of classes out of apathy and lack of motivation really), but those courses were so easy and understandable. They would just pack in all the information in one go and say "Okay, finish this worksheet and fill in the corresponding answers online." If I would've just taken more of those, I could've easily graduated early or gotten a lot of required classes out of the way and taken half days for senior year. Just imagine... gym, French, AP government and then I'd get to go home at lunch. It would have been awesome.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #516 on: March 07, 2007, 11:45:15 pm
getting suspended was one of the best days of my life.  It seems like the stupidest punishment, "you didn't come to school so now we are giving u a few days off to think about your behaviour".  Lie-ins and xbox beats school hands down!

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #517 on: March 08, 2007, 02:19:56 am
i was in the bathroom, because i didn't feel like going to class, and few (3) black kids came in (not trying to be racist, but i don't even know there names.) one of em mooned me, for no reason.  i swear.  just out of the random whipped off his pants and mooned me.  i got pissed.

"what the fuck is your fucking problem??"
"chill b"
"no! fuck up!  are you retarded?"

black kids gettin pissed now.
*black kids start shoving me around*
*i hit one of them in the stomach, kid falls over for a few seconds and gets back up.*

*black kid punches me in the face and i fall back, knocking off a stall door. *

at this point, my face hurts so much I'm about to cry.  in front of these jerk-offs who mooned me.  and i don't cry in public.  ever. 

grabbed the stall door (which had fallen down), and pushed it over onto one of the kids. 

"aw shit! my leg! fuck! (etc, etc.)"

black kids run out of the backroom. 

i got suspended for three days, they each got 1.  fuck.

oh well, three days+ weekend of videogames, pizza, and pixeling.  suspension>school anyday.
untz untz untz?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #518 on: March 08, 2007, 02:29:18 am
Racism is a problem because people won't just shut up and refer to other people as 'people' instead of 'white people, black people, mexican people' etc. The kkk hate 'black people'? No, they just hate 'people', and people hate them back because they have irrational hate for people.

i was in the bathroom, because i didn't feel like going to class, and few (3)  kids came in. one of em mooned me, for no reason.  i swear.  just out of the random whipped off his pants and mooned me.  i got pissed.

"what the fuck is your fucking problem??"
"chill b"
"no! fuck up!  are you retarded?"

kids gettin pissed now.
* kids start shoving me around*
*i hit one of them in the stomach, kid falls over for a few seconds and gets back up.*

* kid punches me in the face and i fall back, knocking off a stall door. *

at this point, my face hurts so much I'm about to cry.  in front of these jerk-offs who mooned me.  and i don't cry in public.  ever. 

grabbed the stall door (which had fallen down), and pushed it over onto one of the kids. 

"aw shit! my leg! fuck! (etc, etc.)"

kids run out of the backroom. 

i got suspended for three days, they each got 1.  fuck.

oh well, three days+ weekend of videogames, pizza, and pixeling.  suspension>school anyday.

Not a detail lost in the story.
I don't blame you though, you hit a huge pet peeve of mine unknowingly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:36:46 am by Zolthorg »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #519 on: March 08, 2007, 06:15:02 am
Thank you.

The only reason I specified a couple posts back that Phillip was black was to maybe disperse any misconception that my teacher was racist due to my previous sentence stating that, and the fact that I myself am a dude of color.

But really, we're all just grey inside.