AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 209943 times)

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #260 on: February 10, 2007, 05:06:02 am
I got hit in the head with a see-saw/teeter-totter when I was in 3rd grade. We where at the playground during break (this was at school) and we used to put Micro Machine airplanes and helicopters on one side of the see-saw and jump on the other end to send them off flying. As fate would have it, one of my helicopters landed close to the see saw next to mine, and as I bent down to pick it up, a kid (purposefully) jumped on the other end, both feet, applying full body weight, to see what would happen.

So, my head pretty much was the Sagat to the see-saw's Ryu. The seat hit me about an inch above and to the right of my eyes. Landed on my back, looked around, right eye went dark with blood, started wailing. Nurse did what she could with some transparant scotch tape, rushed off to hospital, seven stitches and a small dent in my skull.

I was never mad at the kid who jumped. Hell, I got a week and a half off from school thanks to him. I feel really bad for him to this day, because about three months later, his mom died.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #261 on: February 10, 2007, 05:30:18 am
cringingist posts ever.

for christmas this year i got a 2 inch scar on my hand when i slipped while jumping a barbed wire fence. we were a 4 hour bush whack from the nearest house and the wound got a little septic in the heat. but the scar's almost completely faded. best. present. ever.

i think blick wins though. open heart surgery freaks me out.

lets move on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:33:29 am by Akira »
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #262 on: February 10, 2007, 05:50:40 am
I think I've cracked my skull two or three times now. Once from rolling down a hill in a cardboard box, eventually flying out and had a painful meeting with a rock. My friend then, Joey, took me across the street to my house, knocked on the door, my mom answered to see me standing there with blood all over my face and hands and Joey calmly explained the situation.
"I think Travis is hurt."

The second time was from my little cousin bashing the leg of a toy piano into my forehead. That was a fun time.

Then the time I sprained one wrist and broke the other by not being able to slow down before I ran into a wall. I wasn't being stupid, I was just into the game and apparently run really fast. I sprained both wrists when I hit the wall, later on I was tripped and landed on my left wrist, breaking it. I drove home crying from the pain. Seriously, I've never been more thankful of only having to turn my turn signal on twice for the drive home. It hurt each time trying to apply enough pressure to make the switch click into place.

Then there's the time I was slide tackled by Sam "can't play on his feet" Dressler. I fucking hate that kid for that. I didn't even have the ball, I passed it, two seconds later, my knee is suddenly bent the wrong way. Hyper extension doesn't ever seem to go away either. Sometimes just walking around, my knee will lock and I'll just think "Fuck Sam... I hate that kid."

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #263 on: February 10, 2007, 06:44:41 am
Jesus forking Christ Blick. Does any part of your life shine with sunshine?

Blick, I think you just earned the title of "Master of Pain!"

Ptoing, a friend of mine performed a similar act of stupidity, and ended up the exact way. He had an iron spike that was attached to a metal rooster ornament on a fence, stabbed right through his thigh. Pretty gross. Also, didn't hit an artery.
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #264 on: February 10, 2007, 07:03:44 am
Need details. Distance from the perineum is important!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #265 on: February 10, 2007, 07:12:56 am
I feel so weak now.
And also thankful that, so far, the most painful thing in my life has been a broken toe. Jumped down stairs. It was dark. Miscalculation. Fall. Get up. Walk to living room. Take off sock and suddenly become the center of my family's attention, who immediately begin prodding my middle toe which is, obviously, sideways.
That part didn't even hurt. The anesthetic shot was more painful. The doc said I should stay off my foot for about a week. I was walking great distances the next day.

Oh, I stepped on a nail once. Went about...lemme think...1/4 or 1/5 of the way through my arch. Bled for a few minutes. Then went skating. Who needs doctors?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 07:15:29 am by Xion Night »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #266 on: February 10, 2007, 07:50:24 am
I haven't broken anything, or gotten wounds as bad as you guys. But my right (Never my left, oddly) leg has taken a hell load of punishment.
When I was probably... Eight or so, some annoying child convinced me to ride down (On his and his sisters scooters) his 55º, 100 foot long gravel driveway while we were visiting for his sisters birthday. At the top, I knew that this would no matter what end in pain, but hell, I was too lazy to walk back down that long hill.
He got maybe 20 feet before falling over and rolling another 10 feet. I dodged him on my way down but in the process I fell myself, leading to all the skin on my knee being peeled off and getting full of gravel.

And last year, me and my family went down to some lake. In my infinite wisdom, I started running down and jumping into the water, which had a rather sudden cliff about a foot in. After the third jump, I was starting to think I should stop, but hell, three successful times, what could go wrong? I ran, jumped, and immediately after impact with the water hit my shin on a rock, conveniently located less than a foot under. It was swollen to all hell later, and after the swelling, it became a scab. Being that I always pick at scabs, I peeled away the scab and found a buncha pus inside. Score!
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #267 on: February 10, 2007, 07:54:27 am
I think my family is just cursed. My sister has the worst of it. She's has had over 20 brain surgeries, multiple stomach surgeries, my mom has multiple schlorosis, my dad still has gravel in his skin from some sort of accident, I've never asked, and diabetes runs rampant on his side of the family...

I've only got some broken bones, stitches and a major surgery thus far.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #268 on: February 10, 2007, 07:57:19 am
   Like I said before, Blick = Master of Pain...

Yeah Xion, the guys in my family are the same way. We all try to follow the Mexican machismo way: that is, no doctors, no medicine. Medicine is basically toughing it out. Sickness, and illness are simply cured with 7up, or some clear soda(seriously, my mom used to give me 7up when I got sick every trip in Mexico, and I felt better every time...).
   Ptoing, I don't talk to the guy anymore. I think he dropped out of college, and is a stoner now. I don't know. He was a pretty good athlete, though. Heh, next time I see him, I'll ask what was the distance between the wound and the perineum.
   Well, seeing as this is becoming more gross as we go on, I might as well tell this story. Back home, I lived in a small quiet, boring town. Our neighbor that used to live to the right of us had his trailer burned down. Our other neighbor, however was a much different story. There was this older guy, who used to walk around our neighborhood. He was about 3-4 years older than my oldest brother. Pretty young actually. He lived right next to us, with a couple of burn outs. A real nice guy, but was involved with drugs, and such. He used to play street football with us, when we were outside. Very nice guy. Well, not too long ago, about a year or two, I had awoken and just eaten a home made breakfast. I was walking towards my mothers room and smelled something different, like something was burning.
   My Sister in-law agreed about the smell. About a day later, cops arrived to our neighbors house. We had no clue what was going on. Our back yards could still allow us to see what was going on through their back yards though. I happened to mosey over to my back yard, and saw the sheriff looking around my neighbor's back yard. They finally came across a cooler, behind their tool shed, against their fence.
   When the Sheriff and surrounding officers opened the cooler, they immediately backed away. One got on his walkie talkie, and the Sheriff leaned against the fence and started puking. Apparently, something happened the day we smelled that strange smell. A bad drug deal? maybe. A miscommunication? who knows. All I know is, when the cooler was open, there lied my poor neighbors body parts chopped in pieces. He was Dismembered, in the hopes of being non-identified. The smell we were smelling the days before was actually burning gas. The killer was trying to siphon it to burn the body parts, hoping to get away with it. He didn't count on people in the neighborhood watching a suspicious car driving by in early parts of the morning...my mother being one of them. The suspect was apprehended and caught. He is serving time in jail as we speak.
   I still feel bad for the guy, going out the way he did. Despite the drugs, he was a great guy, and extremely nice. When the news people came and interviewed my mother, whom asked to not show her face, she also made mention that he was a nice boy. She never mentioned the drugs, which is what I think the sniveling news people wanted. The guys mother found my mom the day after the interview aired, and thanked my mom for the nice words, and not mentioning the drug abuse. Sure, small towns might be small minded, but their is always room for respect for others. No one should die like that. It's pretty gross, but I find it scary that something so sadistic could happen right next door, in my nice, little neighborhood. This is why I'm always grateful for everything that happens. EVERYTHING. A real eye opener, that's for sure.
   There are other gross, horror stories that have happened near my family and close relatives. Many of them dealing with drugs, and brutal border murders with drug dealers themselves. But I'll save it for next time.

Toodles!

Hi! Hi B.O.B! Hi B.O.B!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself

Oh man! That was pretty funny. I also saw a related youtube vid, with dogs talking some random nonsense. It was pretty funny. I would post it, but I tire enough of the cat lover stuff, and I didn't want to add some more fire to the cat vs. dog argument.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:31:40 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #269 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:48 am
 :0#
*vomit*

I've always hated murders.
Of nice people.
In bad ways.