AuthorTopic: [Feedback] [CC] [WIP] Latest character piece, looking for general advice  (Read 1632 times)

Offline gennoveus

• View Profile
Hi

I'm working on this new piece (still very much WIP), which I also posted over Pixel Joint, but I think perhaps I can get some more strict C&C here. Don't need to hold back at all - please feel free to rip into any issues. For this pic I am focusing on improving my clusters, but I'd very much appreciate advice on anything from general composition to anatomy or the rendering of cloth etc.

The image itself:

Process:

Offline pebblesage

• View Profile
Hi. My level in pixel art is low so I can not help you with advice, just mostly minor viewer's comments.

The head and t-shirt look very nice. The rest seem to be still in various WIP stages but those that are more worked on seem nice for now to my untrained eye.

As for the issues I think exist:

Right side, fourth finger ( top to bottom ) seems a bit thin and sharp compared to the other fingers.

I can see that the left side is on a rougher stage of WIP, but the pinky seems unnatural. It seems to be sprouting on top of the other finger's starting location. I tried various hand poses, but no matter the perspective, the finger did not look like that, nor could I bend it that way. It might be just my own hand or my lack of strong anatomy knowledge though.

Hope it helped somewhat.

Offline gennoveus

• View Profile
Hi. My level in pixel art is low so I can not help you with advice, just mostly minor viewer's comments.

The head and t-shirt look very nice. The rest seem to be still in various WIP stages but those that are more worked on seem nice for now to my untrained eye.

As for the issues I think exist:

Right side, fourth finger ( top to bottom ) seems a bit thin and sharp compared to the other fingers.

I can see that the left side is on a rougher stage of WIP, but the pinky seems unnatural. It seems to be sprouting on top of the other finger's starting location. I tried various hand poses, but no matter the perspective, the finger did not look like that, nor could I bend it that way. It might be just my own hand or my lack of strong anatomy knowledge though.

Hope it helped somewhat.

Thanks pebblesage, I'll keep your comments in mind when I polish up the hands / arms. I also changed the edge of his 5 o'clock to be less harsh and brought up the moustache edge a bit: