AuthorTopic: [Feedback] [CC] [WIP] Experimenting with new style for Tiles  (Read 2089 times)

Offline fxJoan

• joans_art
    • View Profile
As said in the title, experimenting with a different style. ( Not claiming that I'm inventing/creating a style, just experimenting, new meaning new for me )

Here is the tileset:

Here is the mock-up:

Questions:
  • Does it tile well?
  • Are Stone/Sandstone ( Other as well ) tiles too noisy, especially stone tiles with moss?

Aside from these all feedback and cc are very welcome!
Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:10:34 pm by fxJoan »

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [Feedback] [CC] [WIP] Experimenting with new style for Tiles

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 02:01:02 am
It does tile pretty well. Players are gonna overlook a lot of very minor errors in tiling, it is no biggie here. Tho the bricks, and grass texture could be more obvious and the purple ground color is hard to see there.

Offline Ma3vis

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:01:06 am

update with sprites please, so we can see tiles in contrast to player's input
but one critique i have personally is over use of color which cause noise on ground tiles
sometimes less is more, and also personally like the sand (orange) more than the blue

Offline fxJoan

• joans_art
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 07:28:53 pm
Tho the bricks, and grass texture could be more obvious
Which bricks? Floor tiles or wall tiles?

update with sprites please
There are no sprites currently, not making a game, at least for now. I have some slime sprites but I would have to check their size and colors to see if they would fit well.

but one critique i have personally is over use of color which cause noise on ground tiles
Thanks, I will decrease the color count and adjust the tiles so they don't seem weird.

also personally like the sand (orange) more than the blue
Yeah, I like sandstone tiles more as well but thought the stone tiles would be more appropriate in the forest (dirt/grass) environment.

Although all these things aside. I will be busy with some other things for some time so I won't have as much time to focus on this, but I will try to get to this whenever I can.