Critique > Pixel Art

[Feedback] [CC] Bolero: Fantasy Tactics, pixel art

<< < (11/20) > >>

Curly:
Yeah I think it looks better now.
I can't avoid focusing my attention on the broken hair outlines but maybe I'm weird.

falz:
I've begun trying to spruce up the UI. It isn't something I have any experience with, really. I wonder how this is for a start? Any feedback would be immensely helpful.

edit: further mockup in photoshop

Still need to design the command menus. So far I've been borrowing ideas liberally from Tactics Ogre on PSP (screen shot) but I think my commands may need much more attention because of the different characters using different menus.
edit:
hm, maybe something like this? I'm not 100 on these icons yet, I spent the most time on the brawl one.

falz:
I've made some enemy AI and the game is playable! But I guess this means I should try to make some enemies to fight. This is a ghostly figure which guards the tower.

This is the start, I'm hoping the elements are reading clearly. There a re a few things which aren't finished, like I want the cloths to be flowing in the wind, and the sword isn't quite cleaned up.
Edit: For the idle animation, I want it to be a little more subtle, so no bandages waving in wind. I'm wondering if the hand is too much?

daramon:
I massively prefer the hand in the second animation. It really looks like it's opening up, rather than being a static unit moving up and down a few pixels, like in the first version.

Maybe make it bounce up and down on its knees a bit?

falz:
Cool, I kept the hand motion, but made the movement ore subtle. I also altered the head to get closer to the bandage/wrapping look I wanted from beginning. I'm debating about whether to add more detail to the robe, but really not sure.

edit: actually, I should simplify the colors for a standard enemy, Maybe like this
-> (edit)
edit: An attempt at an attack, maybe? I found that I wanted to flip the orientation to make the attack animation work, and I like the way it looks, still
,, animating ->
edit:
I made the bandages consistent between frames and they become more unraveled for the keyframe. Also, I made an inbetween and a lil shake for how it'll be in game

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version