AuthorTopic: New Demon character - anatomy trouble! Please critique!  (Read 6291 times)

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Re: New Demon character - anatomy trouble! Please critique!

Reply #10 on: June 06, 2021, 07:04:53 am
Here's the thing with the hand, though.
See the straight vertical line formed by the knuckles? And how the wrist is in a diagonal line? That line of the knuckles should be at most parallel with the wrist (well, the section of the wrist, which is perpendicular to the angle of the lower arm) to seem "comfortable".

Here's a quick half-assed edit:

And an otherwise good reference:

Offline spajjder

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 01:51:56 pm
Thank you as always fskn. It is much appreciated, and I do learn a ton here

That does indeed look better.
I would say my example looks like the bottom one a bit more, I wanted him to potentially be doing a spell or something.
Since they are summoners.
Anyway, I changed it a bit, here they are together.

Does anyone know how to karma? I really would want to give it.

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 02:59:20 pm
Thank you as always fskn. It is much appreciated, and I do learn a ton here
My pleasure.

I would say my example looks like the bottom one a bit more, I wanted him to potentially be doing a spell or something.
Since they are summoners.
I see. Maybe he'd have to raise his arm a bit, then? Or perhaps rotate his arm so that the palm faces up, kind of like he's holding something in it...
You could try enacting something, standing in a pose that you'd think would be appropriate to have as reference. Take a photo of yourself doing that, or just go ahead and put it down on paper. Or get somebody else's photo or painting that you like... I believe there's a bunch on DeviantArt.

Does anyone know how to karma? I really would want to give it.
I don't think regular users can give Karma, but seriously, don't worry about it. We're all here to learn and improve ourselves.