AuthorTopic: smash bros link frame  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Shadowblitz16

• View Profile

smash bros link frame

on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:41 pm
I made this for a smash bros game I was working on but I don't have the knowledge or patience to actually do the other frames and characters, it's a down scale of the card saga wars link sprite that i fixed up.

what do you guys think?

I wanted to post it here to see if anybody liked it and in case anybody wanted to use it.
I originally disliked how smash flash and smash crusade scales/rotates their sprites and tried to make their stages 3d with 2d pixel art. I wanted to create something similar to super smash land where everything used the same pixel art style and actually felt like it was in the same game.

EDIT: sorry realized my image wasn't showing. fixed it.
Not sure why my image isn't zoomable, if someone can tell me how to fix that i will.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:53:50 pm by Shadowblitz16 »

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: smash bros link frame

Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:05:39 pm
This is actually a pretty good sprite, clean enough. Just shoved a few pixels around here, put some whiter parts in the foreground where it hurts the readability.

EDIT:

Smash Flash is going way back :crazy:
If this is the quality you can push out, that's better than you think, I'd do a few other characters.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:07:36 pm by pistachio »

Offline Shadowblitz16

• View Profile

Re: smash bros link frame

Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:03:58 pm
thankyou.
I can't do sprites/animations from scratch, this was just an example for a friend to do them.
it took me like 4 hours to fix it up when a experienced spriter could do it in 5 minutes or less.

sadly my friend didn't want to do them, he was interested in his own projects and thought they would take too long.