AuthorTopic: (WIP) tactics character(s)  (Read 40086 times)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) tactics character(s)

Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 04:55:48 pm

/more gold--more gold,less shiney--different color top--different color bottom--different color
   original
solid lines\more gold--more gold,less shiney--different color top--different color bottom--different color

I also put it on a bright and a dark bg so that's comparable too.

I think the 'more gold,less shiney' without the solid lines is the best one untill now

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 07:15:00 pm
its a definate improvment, but i think instead of making a noisey design by having lots of small gold bits, it would be better for the visual impression to have a smaller number of larger gold-hued sections (this includes the face)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: February 17, 2007, 09:41:36 am

Messed around with the gold colors a bit.
This is the result:

Makes it more goldish and makes it stand out more
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:49:59 am by dragonrc »

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: February 17, 2007, 04:03:48 pm

Here is the design I got from the project leader at the request of sharpm. (it's not a good drawing but it gives a basic image of the sprite)

Recently it isn't going that well with the project, the programming has extremely slow progress and 2 spriters already left the project.
The projectleader isn't replying my mails anymore. I think the project is down, there was no contract singed (damnit stupid stupid stupid)
I'll keep working on the sprites in case the project continues but if the project leader won't respond to my e-mails I'll claim the sprites as my own. I might even start my own project, but that's thinking to far ahead.
Anyway I thaught you should know this..

Don't worry I'll keep working on these sprites and again my thanks to everyone that has helped me, I'm learning so much from this  ;D

edit:
I can still claim the sprites as my own since the project might be down, right?

And did any of you experienced something like this? Is there something I should do now the project leader isn't replying anymore?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 05:26:29 pm by dragonrc »

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #64 on: February 17, 2007, 04:34:37 pm
Well it's just squares.
Quite boring if you ask me.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: February 17, 2007, 04:47:22 pm
Yeah, I'm trying to make it look better now, I'm working on a cape now like sharpm suggested(pretty hard to make it look realistic)

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: February 18, 2007, 03:55:22 am
If you weren't compensated in any way for making these, and there's no contract then yes, of course, they are yours.  The only thing borrowed is the basic character design which is too vague to be considered anyhow.

"The project leader isn't replying my mails anymore"

I've always found such behaviour beyond rude.  Even if I flake out on something, I still stay in touch with anyone who cares.  It's cowardly and disrespectful at best.

In any case, keep working on your sprites.  If you get good enough, and get enough done, I'm sure other people will take interest.  There's no shortage of "programmer looking for artist" types afterall.  It's inspiring to see how much effort and perseverance you've been putting into this little guy.

Oh, and yeah, amateur projects breaking down is VERY common.  In fact, it's the rule, not the exception.  Don't feel discouraged.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:56:58 am by entivore »
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 04:03:58 pm
I've been thinking about changing the character design a bit and since sharpm send me a message about changing the design I think I will. I'm not very good at drawing with pencils but its worth a try.

I've read a post at pixeljoint about setting up your monitor properly( http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3710 ), I've done as it was said there but now all my pixels look very bright and I can't see the following lines (the ones that I now colored red) Can you guys see those lines? Without looking very sharp I mean
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:05:33 pm by dragonrc »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #68 on: February 19, 2007, 09:43:27 pm
That armor in the drawing doesn't make sense. Looks like the dude's got a bunch of post-it notes stuck to him. I say you scrap that design and come up with something more sensible. And good. Make it simple, but memorable. His fashion's gotta make a statement that says "I'm heroic, baby!"
*cough* umm...okay.

I'm not sure what you're asking in the last post. Could you reiterate?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #69 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:58 am
I see these lines. They're faint but clear. You probably overcalibrated towards brightness.