AuthorTopic: (WIP) tactics character(s)  (Read 40077 times)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

(WIP) tactics character(s)

on: January 06, 2007, 11:37:57 am
Hello,

You might remember this topic from pixeljoint, I got a lot of help there but i still could use some more so also I made a topic on this forum.

I'm currently working on a srpg and my part of the game is spriting the characters (I didn't make the designs).
The project I was working on has stopped, the project leader isn't responding to my e-mails anymore. But I don't feel like stopping with working on these sprites, I'm learning a lot from these and I might start my own project. And if I dont, this is a nice piece for in my portfolio ;).
I got a lot of help from the pixeljoint forums and I also got help from a friend. This is the progress my sprite has made:
But to see better progress you should scroll down.

Whole new design

The current verions:

(Ill make it transparant later)
As you can see there are some points that need improvement:

-The design of the blue suit.

-If you think one of the sprites needs improvement on something else, please let me know.

Help is very apreciated. ;)

Thanks in advance!

-----

[Edit] I edited all your posts and removed the URL tags linking to imageshack.us.
Here in pixelation, we use a click based zoom scrip, and having the images linked will just result on pages popping up to those trying to zoom for giving some C&C or looking close at your sprites.
Please, next time don't forget to remove them (or simply select the image's url alone, and use the img tags). - Panda

Thanks Panda :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:11:19 pm by dragonrc »

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Re: (WIP) tactics character(s)

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:22:23 pm

I'm about to work on a walk of approximately that angle myself pretty soon.  Been holding off because it's intimidating.

After my edit it still needs back-shoulder movement and a double check of the foot positions. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:32:40 pm by entivore »
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:46:57 pm

(the 2 images on top are the new sprites, the image to the bottomleft is etivores sprite and the image to the bottom right is my old sprite)

Thanks for your help entivore :) your 'bounce' in the animation looks much better.
I edited 1 frame of your animation and now the animation looks pretty good IMO, I made a change at the left leg(so it doent look like it just slides).
Ill try to work on the back shoulders now.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:09:38 am by Panda »

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:38:52 pm
 They look pretty nice. One looks like a street fighter.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 02:42:51 pm
Update:
(newer version)
(older version)
Tried to make the shoulders move more realistic, I hope it worked.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:10:00 am by Panda »

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:46:26 pm

2 newer versions,the first only has better AA. The 2nd has a moving upper body.
I don't really like the 2nd version but maby there should be something changed with it
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:10:23 am by Panda »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:56:26 pm
Please get rid of the {url} tags around the images. We can zoom in on images by clicking them and it kinda throws me off when I go to zoom and something pops up.

The weird thing about the 2nd version is that the chest is moving horizontally, but the shoulders aren't, which is pretty impossible as far as I know. Same with the hips. Hips should move accordingly with the legs. In both images.
The legs themselves need work as well. The closest leg doesn't seem to step like the far leg does. It just looks like he goes to step forward then changes his mind. I think this is because he never seems to set his foot down. That leg needs to come further down than the far one because of its nearness. It also seems to start going backwards while the foot is still tilted up...Well, I guess that happens, but not to the extent you have it in your image.

Nice job so far, though. Hope I help.
Oh, and hi.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 02:14:43 pm
Please get rid of the {url} tags around the images. We can zoom in on images by clicking them and it kinda throws me off when I go to zoom and something pops up.

Ah, I don't seem to have problems with this myselve but I'll change it so you don't have problems with it either. I'm new on these forums though and I don't know how to do this, I tried the mona lisa button but it shows    img]  /img]

The weird thing about the 2nd version is that the chest is moving horizontally, but the shoulders aren't, which is pretty impossible as far as I know. Same with the hips. Hips should move accordingly with the legs. In both images.

Well, i'm thinking of ditching(?) the 2nd image anyway, but ill try to do something about the hips in the first image.

The legs themselves need work as well. The closest leg doesn't seem to step like the far leg does.

That looks strange indeed, ill try to fix that.

It just looks like he goes to step forward then changes his mind. I think this is because he never seems to set his foot down.That leg needs to come further down than the far one because of its nearness. It also seems to start going backwards while the foot is still tilted up...Well, I guess that happens, but not to the extent you have it in your image.

I don't really understand this but ill try fixing the front leg first

Nice job so far, though. Hope I help.
Oh, and hi.
Thanks, and the things you pointed out will most certainly help.
And hi to you to  ;)

And I made this yesterday, it looks terrible :P , i never was good at backview sprites, but that why I'm here ;)

EDIT:

older version

newer version
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:38:46 pm by dragonrc »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 02:33:36 pm
Ah, I don't seem to have problems with this myselve but I'll change it so you don't have problems with it either. I'm new on these forums though and I don't know how to do this, I tried the mona lisa button but it shows    img]  /img]

Instead of
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1733/boeta3.png[/img]use
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1733/boeta3.png[/img]
Simply erase the URL tags when posting, or copy the image's URL alone, and then wrap it with the img tags using the button
(you will have to either highlight the image's address you want to use it on and click on it, or click on the icon and then paste it between the tags).

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 02:39:34 pm
Thanks ;D

I did it with this image:

Hope you don't get problems with this one ;)