AuthorTopic: (WIP) tactics character(s)  (Read 40087 times)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) tactics character(s)

Reply #100 on: March 11, 2007, 04:27:09 pm
Thanks Xion :)

I made an update, it's not much but it took me quite some time to get things right:

1.previous sprite
2.updated version, tried to get more unity in it by mixing the colors so the shirt and the pants would blend a little.
I also made some changes to the reflection of the light, it isn't focussing on 1 spot now.
3.darker outlines
4.darker outlines and inlines, I don't like it but I post it anyway
5.mayby this looks better?..
6.an update of 2, updated the inner lines a bit. also editted the lightsource on the leg
I hope I fixed the things you all pointed out

Right now, the sprite has become a pretty complex, it looks good but it may be difficult to animate it like B.O.B. said earlier. I'm still going to try to animate it even if it stays complex, it will cost a lot of time but it's worth it. If it won't look good I'll try to make the frames more simple, maybe that will work.(so, keep the stance frame as it is and make the walking frames simple)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #101 on: March 11, 2007, 04:34:24 pm
What's going to make this hard to animate is the amount of colours and the dithering...

But you've come a long way, keep it up.  :y:

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #102 on: March 13, 2007, 04:30:51 pm
Here is the animation:

It took me pretty long to get things right, but it's finally done ;D.

Offline Vale

• View Profile

Reply #103 on: March 13, 2007, 11:46:50 pm
You've made progress, but you still haven't learned to color well enough. The walk looks pretty good but for coloring you should really study some good iso sprites. Look at Adarias's sprites for example to understand how to color so your sprite doesn't look so muddy. The dithering and colors do not help, or express the character's clothing well enough. The hair needs some work also, but it is not bad.

I can't stress it enough. Study some iso bases and sprites and attempt to folow the same examples.