AuthorTopic: D.O.H. [NEW UPDATE 4]  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Re: D.O.H. [NEW UPDATE 4]

Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:08 pm
Extreamly helpful guys, I am finally getting the feed back i always wanted   :y::lol:
Who's is a cheap, reliable Artist? Me!
http://tayokoart.com

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 11:24:43 pm
Wow - this is looking worlds better than the first time you showed it to me.

The one thing that bothers me about the tileset currently is that all of your tiles look very square - try to make some tiles that blur those sharp lines a little, play with some different angles, try to implement some different forms. Terley's edit of your sprite is nice, especially the edit of the torso - the one thing I would say is that it looks off-balance. Try playing with your ramps more, both in the sprite and in your tileset.

Keep up the good work, though.  :y:
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 10:19:52 pm
in a rush, will explain my edit later, should still be pretty helpful though:

you had way too many colors in that wall, so much so that there were 2 stragglers i couldnt find that made my image 17 colors when i only "used" 15.  the other thing is clarity. one of the most valued things of pixelart is clarity, it is unique to pixel art because the artist has FULL control over every single element of the image. the work you have now is good, but reminiscent of photoshop art where things are aaed unnecisarly and messily. i also pushed the higlights on the cracks, maybe just personal preference. i learned the technique from art in the game " chaos engine". go look it up, the art is pretty much awesome.

this helps me ALOT, it takes skill to make something simple as more effect than a cluttered image, and on top of that have all the advantages of controll... I will defenatly be revising my image.
Who's is a cheap, reliable Artist? Me!
http://tayokoart.com