Critique > Pixel Art

New(er) stuff!

(1/4) > >>

Sawtooth:

A small self-portrait I started during the summer and finished up just now(with a trackpad, no less, and it sucks using trackpads), based on some other ones that I did during school last year (some of you have seen them already), although not entirely in the same style.

A couple animations I did in my free time during my senior year in high school.  I spent most of my time in independent art class doing things that I would never turn in.  I could have spent the entire class time picking my nose and I still would have gotten an A.  Damn, I'm so glad I'm out of there.

Andy Tran:
 I must say it's wonderful! The shading is smooth and well shaded. Good work Sawtooh. The character reminds me of a doom character STF I made a long time ago.

Dusty:
Hmm, the running kind of looks like he's leaning backwards. Great animations for such small sizes!

ejay:
Cool stuff, i really like the portrait.
The animation are indeed very well done but both the running animation and to a lesser extent the jumping animation need to sharpen the sense of weight- the running figure should probably lean forward a bit as Dusty said , with more exeggerated up/down motion as each leg in turn touches the ground and receives the body's weight.

David:
Oh no, you mirrored. What a terrible person you are now. Really though, I love your self-portrait and not just because I have a slight man crush on you. Only things that bother me are how straight your eyebrows are and the strength or the highlight on the bumps between your nose and lips. What are those things called?

I can't really comment on animation as I don't know animation. I do agree his run is a bit wonky though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version