AuthorTopic: [Wip] help needed :S  (Read 8953 times)

Offline DevilDRake

• First Pixel
    • View Profile

Re: [Wip] help needed :S

Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 04:40:25 am
sharp that will probably help him alot, thanks ill tell him on msn now.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 05:08:30 am
Besides what's already been said, anatomy wise especially, and the whole "frame it out first" mentality, I find it amazing how you've managed to use 5 different blacks.  Sure, up-close you can tell the shades apart, but from far away, they all melt into one color.  The same goes true with the reds that you've used.  I think this piece would definitely benefit from a more contrasting pallet, especially just in the red and green shades; you've got the right idea with the second row of colors, just expand it to the other colors. Good luck with this pic.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 12:01:05 pm
okay im starting to fix up the anatomy. and im changing the cape thing completly..

ref: http://www.cs.miami.edu/~geoff/Seminars/HowToGiveASeminar/BodyBuilder.JPG

update:

heres the body alone.. I need a bit of help  ???
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:19:36 pm by and2 »

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 12:44:37 pm
Good work fella - that's the spirit... congratulations for being brave and taking a step in the right direction.

But a word of warning... don't just copy from the photo directly... try and understand what's going on with that beast of a man you're using as reference as you're making progress with your piece... I'm not saying you'll figure out everything in one sitting but ask yourself why those muscles bulge the way they do? Why there are muscles there in the first place? How do they connect to the underlying structure (skeleton)? and so on...

Don't be afraid to rub out or work over what you've already spent time creating - if it's not right - it's not right... just because you may have spent hour pixelling the torso - if it's wrong... it's wrong and there's nothing you can do about it... that's part of the learning curve bud...

You have an idea in your head of what you're wanting to achieve right? There's a guy, with a hooded (collared) cape, pretty buff, gripping some other guy (girl? monster? whatever) be the throat? you need to rough it out... get it down quickly... scribble it... it doesn't matter how rough it is... but iron out any problems with the pose, the positions, the composition FIRST... remember to CONSTRUCT.

here you go... something like this...

like I said... rough as you like... but you start to get the form going...
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Aeon Vision

• Shake of the dust...Arise!
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 04:26:20 pm
Heh bacca, saying your lazy and then make such a long post  :-*.

Here's a, yes I know, small edit:

This is what I've ment with the chest  :)

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 07:50:22 am
mmkay.. i changed a few things, what you guys think?  ???

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 08:47:55 am
thats better  :y: just something bugs me with his chest.. still cant figer out what
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 09:08:30 am
hehe, if u can find out what that 1 thing is please tell me, i want this toi be perfect  :lol:

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 09:51:07 am
I don't think anything turns out perfect, there's always flaws (I think Persian carpet makers deliberately put them in). Drawing anatomy
from scratch is very hard thing to do, I can't even do it. You should instead base your picture off a photo reference (that's be easier).

His right arm looks wrong, the muscle looks like its kinda slapped on. Also the lower bit seems to wide in comparison to top bit. Where the left arm joins the body seems weird to me. The palette and the way its shaded reminds me more of a jelly level in James Pond rather than skin. Should you not complete the outline for the head, legs, and the guy he is strangling first?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 10:23:51 am
lol thanks, your right.. ill get on with the picture and when I'm happy with everything else ill come back and do my best to try and fix the flaws and anything that doesn't quite look right.